Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Ping,whois,traceroute prog?

Question Best Ping,whois,traceroute prog?

I have found an all in one prog from ipswitch.com. It is called WS_PingProPack. I was wondering if this is the best or if there's anything better out there?

Well, PhirePhreak recommended KS - Soft's IP-Tools to me some time ago. It's the best one I've used - I would recommend it. I got it off PhirePhreak, so I'm not sure where you'd be able to download it from, maybe do a search or just email me if you want a copy.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

hmm i use IP Tools and i got it from www.firewall.cx
    its a good program.. it has all TCP/IP tools..

WS_PingProPack is a good program, but it is only a 30day trial. The 2 progs I have which I think are good are Superscan 3.0 and Sam Spade, both are freeware. I think I got Superscan from www.cnet.com, cant remember where I got Sam Spade from though, will post again if I remember.

Yeah, I've also used Sam Spade before, but I found IP Tools much better. To get Sam Spade, go to www.samspade.org - they have some tools which you can use directly from their website (such as traceroute, whois, etc), but you can also download the program, which has more tools.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Its been some time since SamSpades port scanner has worked for me. in earlier versions it returned ports listening. now it looks like its working but no results show. anybody know anything about this?
    i like the interface for sam spade better so i use it for whois, dig, finger. it has features ip-tools dosn't like relay check but ip- tools has an always running netstat, NBtools and a ping tool that pings a range of ip addresses so i use them both.

Does anyone know of a ping tool for windows that supports the '-p' flag?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned

Thumbs up

i use CyberKit. it has finger, whois, nslookup, portcan, and ping. and its free.

the size is not to big.

http://www.cyberkit.net/

EOM

I am a cracker
    hey homie check this out get IP TOOLS STEALTH 2.0 GET ADVANCED ADMINISTRATION TOOLSSTC.3.0 FOLLOW THE BLIND THAT'S TIGHT

Originally posted by the_g_nee
    WS_PingProPack is a good program, but it is only a 30day trial. The 2 progs I have which I think are good are Superscan 3.0 and Sam Spade, both are freeware. I think I got Superscan from www.cnet.com, cant remember where I got Sam Spade from though, will post again if I remember.

It's a good program and also the "whats up gold"scanner is another winner.
    The 30 day trial is really easy to get around,I've been useing both programs
    on my win2k box for over 2 years for free.Just put in a little time,why pay.

Crimina1

Tedob1 - I ran into the same thing. odd I thought it was my system or a patch I installed.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.