Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zonealarm security ahhahaahaha

Question: I am using Norton Internet Security Family Edition's firewall but on this post I hear a few negative things about it all. If I was to dump Norton what would you sujjest I use?
    To be God is to be Root, if someone is erking you just type: rm -d /home/heathen

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Try reading my review of personal firewall that is in the 1st AO newletter. Hope it helps!
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

I am a cracker
    I thinking about throwing "Norton's Internet Security 2002" away and getting sonicWALL or Mcafee firewall

looking at the page... procesing.. (slow cpu).

Yes i think you shoud throw away norton. norton was great when i had a 486 and i was on one disk and you manualy editet the deletet files, ahhh those ware the days.

But after a time until win2k came out norton was super but now? there is to many copies and lets face it norton hasent got more pressure than microsoft on it's back.

symatech is the king of system utilitys. Noton dosent need to develop their system to manage.
    there is macaffe and nuts & bults etc, but there not a big of a name.

Ever tried to install norton 2001 on XP? if you did there is a chans that you needed to re install the os. the same goes for 2002, on some configuration i work and on some it dosent.

the NAV gets an script error when installing and dosent clean upp, norton say it a ie 6.0 bugg but it's XP and microsoft says that Norton systemworks/antivirus isant compatebole ( sorry for bad english, im dysletic and swedish) and not certified for XP's file system(??).

so for a firewall och system stability i dont give a cent for norton, not while running XP and i dont like that it screws upp the system.

klients have called back after 4 days and after a short talk they say -"yes. i installed norton i own it, it's a good program suite, but i dident se the os complaning".

I rekomend to my clients panda antivirus titanium, sygate och tiny, and that thay dont mess with the system (i password the bios etc)
    Dare to say no to linux and dont risk to falling of the vagon and become a script kidie.

m$ is a death trap but it a choice;-)

Banned

Angry many flaws

I found out that zone alarm has many flaws. It really is a not to hard hack.

Re: I hacked Zonealarm security ahhahaahaha

Originally posted by I am a cracker
    Everyone knows the best way to find out how secure your computer is to Hack Your Own Sytem. This is the best way of making sure that your system is safe. Everytime I read about a promblem in a hacker ezine or some where on the web, I made sure that I understood how the exploit works and make sure that it doesn't work on any of the hosts on my LAN. I like to keep a data-base of exploits. Yesterday I decide to download "zonealarm" FROMwww.zonealarm.com I already have "nortons internet security 2002" I just wanted to see how hard it would be to exploit zonealarm let me tell you it's not that hard to do all I did to gain REMOTE ACCESS to my computer was I used a system backdoor attack to bind a shell to a higher port installed code that allows my commands to be "tunnelled" through my firewall using source routed packets and ICMP COMMANDS. TOTAL TIME ABOUT 11 MINUTES ... The best part was trying to erase zonealarm It seems that ZA comes with two spy dlls that according to the their manufacturer. I found these two: C:WINDOWSSYSTEMVSMONAPI.DLL C:WINDOWSSYSTEMVSUTIL.DLL Had been left on my system after uninstalling ZA. It seems that myystem configuration and maybe the activity is logged to the file Iamdb.rbd, then transmitted. (not 100% sure though)
    Please give some more details about how you "hacked" this system. It sounds to me like what you are saying is you installed a trojan on the system or something to bind a shell to a high port which you could then connect to from a remote machine. If this is the case, I don't know if I would call that a "hack"...

You have used alot of 'fancy' terms, but I would like to see some proof that this would actually work. So, I guess what I am looking for is more detailed information. Be specific...

I am also not sure how IP source routing or any ICMP commands would help you in this scenario.

I am a cracker
    Invictus

I don't know if I would call that a "hack"...! I would call it a hack if I can get into my own system and not to mention the 2,300,000 other people who have Zonealarm. If you don't think it works download Zonealarm and try it on yourself you will surprised with the results.

akanicknick
    I kind of agree with everyone,
    but I don't like to take chances when it comes to my comp,
    I run ZoneAlarmPRO, BlackICE defender, and Sygate Personal Firewall.
    While running these (3) simultaneously I have never had any attack on my system get through, (to my knowledge).

Is this a good idea all? Just wondering about your opinions on this^^.

akanicknick
    I agree with Invictus too,
    i am a cracker, it sounds like you are being extremely vague with what you are saying, again would you please be more specific.

As I've said before....If you want to be safe, the last thing you do is put on 2 rubbers. Know what i mean?

There are single products that do the job, Sygate, NeoWatch, I'm sure there are others but I've only heard convincing arguments for those two so far.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson