dcsimg
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Australian Online Security

It seems it was a good thing that I was too lazy to walk over to the TV to watch it then.....

There is nothing worse then when TV shows such as 60 Minutes cover something such as this, and they do a piss poor effort...

All those 40 year old technophobes, who check their email, and were blissfully unaware of things going on around them... will now have woken up.. but the information they will have gotten will be very poor, and out of date... NetBus? Does anyone even still host that crap?

Beware, all you youngsters..... now when the technophobes find out that you know a lot about computes... there will not be the awed (yet slightly angry respect) that there normally was... there will be ph34r!!!!!
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Thumbs down

What a dissapointing story. For a minute i thought ACA would show something updated and real like they usually do, but they didn't. Now were gonna start hearing about all these l337 h4x0rs around oz, just becuase they know how to use the programs ACA showed us. Geeez...and if only the media would stop using the term hacker in a bad way. I'm still waiting for a show that tells the truth about the hacker culture.
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

Geeez...and if only the media would stop using the term hacker in a bad way.
    I reckon! I mean the first think they said was something along the lines of, '...cyber-terrorists and hackers...'. I mean if that's what people are gonna be hearing, ofcourse they are gonna associate the word 'hacker' with someone who is breaking the law and using computers to wreak havoc!

If you ask the majority of new computer users (and even some experienced ones) who a hacker is, I'm sure they will start telling you how bad these people and that they should be put in jail.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Exactly what i meant! And now that ACA has shown this story, many script kiddies are gonna be going to their friends showing off that they too use netbus... just like on ACA!
    geez..stop glorifying the SC and crackers. Learn the real meaning of hacker.
    return true; }

btw news flash boys.. i will be e-mailing this thread to 60 minutes to show them what "feed back" they got from our community...

Yes thats a good idea! And tell them that we are all very disgusted Australians that are dissapointed in their projection of a hacker. Or maybe you won't have to tell them, i hope they read this themselves.
    I like the story on afghanistan!
    return true; }

i dont know.. but i have a feeling after i press the "send" button.. there is no turning back..
    but yeah.. i just have that feeling..

I was gonna go to the chatroom, but ninemsn was down for me when I tried accessing. What was discussed in the chatroom??
    nothing serious really.. just one of those "what will i do if my computer gets hacked?" and ermm.. "Does our ISP knows about these hackers and what are they doing about it?"
    u know.. the usual "regular user" questions.. but yeah.. the person aswering their questions did answer them correctly which is a good thing..

So what exactly are you planning on sending them s0nIc? And, have you sent it already?

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

yeah i have.. i sent them MY feed back.. and the link to this thread and told them how they even barely scracthed the surface.. there are LOTS to talk about.. and all they did was scare the public by doing that NetBus stunt on national television.. they didnt even discuss on how users can protect themselves...