Thread: My Knowledge

My Knowledge

Well...Since I requested this forum...I thought it would only be right if I at least posted in it...

I just want to list out a few of the products I have worked with in the IDS arena, so hopefully if you guys have questions about product specific things, or maybe just general IDS things, hopefully I can help. The thing I am really interested in though is learning new things from you guys. IDS is a relatively new topic in network security, and there is much to be learned. I haven't even scratched the surface, but with some good ideas and participation in this forum, we all can really expand our knowledge. With that said, here are the products I know (or have worked with.

- Snort
    - Cisco host IDS (formerly Entercept)
    - Cisco Network IDS, Netranger, and products associate with it
    - Symantec Intruder Alert (ITA)
    - Symantec NetProwler

And other pseudo opensource IDS's like Tripwire, Portsentry....etc

BTW....Thanks JP for listening to our ideas, and adding this forum

iNViCTuS said:
    Well...Since I requested this forum...I thought it would only be right if I at least posted in it...
    Yes its nice to have a new forum to post IDS and related information to, I hope it'll be lots of discussions about intrusion detection systems aswell as auditing of them (and related) .

We have had a few threads earlier about IDS and related topics and I have sent a PM to JP asking him to move them to this forum. This way we should have a start, and ofcourse we dont have to recreate the topics all over again.

~micael

Thumbs up

Yes iNViCTuS you did request this forum and good idea it was.

You say you haven't scratched the surface but looking at those items you list as having experience on - you've definitely scratched it.

Let's all contribute here to help each other out and I do hope that only those with a real interest in learning (if they are newbies) and those with real experience ("junior, senior") members will pitch in often.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.