Thread: Welcome to the new forum - thks jp!

Talking Welcome to the new forum - thks jp!

Wondering if anyone has used the ISS 6 version, considering an upgrade from 5.5. Don't flame me or "inform" me about how bad it is. I know. It's for someone else, so your experienced feedback is requested.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Banned
    Do you mean IIS? And I like this new forum.... Intrusion Detection Systems right?

thks for your reply ac1dsp3trum. Actually I do mean ISS but should have been far more specific. ISS's RealSecure 5.5 is the product.

Banned
    Ohh... There you go Im gonna go download that and take a look at it for you

Re: Welcome to the new forum - thks jp!

Originally posted by gold eagle
    Wondering if anyone has used the ISS 6 version, considering an upgrade from 5.5. Don't flame me or "inform" me about how bad it is. I know. It's for someone else, so your experienced feedback is requested.
    I have only used ISS 5.5 and I have to say that I did not really like it mostly due to the license system they use. Anyway I'll write shortly about my experiences with ISS 5.5 for those who not have used it earlier, ISS 6.0 have I not used yet but maybe in a near future.

Negative things about ISS 5.5
    - It did not work properly from the initial installation, had to upgrade it before it went stable. And that's bad according to the price they take for licensing the product.
    - The scan was not that good and all my Firewalls have detected it and stopped every scan attempt made with ISS (missing good stealth scan).
    - Licensing system
    - The price

Possitive things about ISS 5.5.
    - It did a good job with detecting week configurations and security flaws on the local computer (were its initially run from).
    - It has a good description about everything it is able to detect and it also gives advice about what to do to secure the security problems found.

You can find the program at www.iss.net

Anyway.. I just loves to see that this forum is available, good work !

micael do you think the licensing thing is in the new version? Actually I've had trouble unending with the dragon licensing product too.

And, while I'm at it I don't like the licensing issues of checkpoint firewall.

Originally posted by gold eagle
    micael do you think the licensing thing is in the new version? Actually I've had trouble unending with the dragon licensing product too.
    Yes according to my contact at Protect Data Group have ISS not changed their licensing policy .

Well, in that case maybe I'll wait to see about this new release. If other members post good stuff then we'll see...