Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Combine two files?

Ok if ur AVP is registering an alert at the exe joiner itself then yes it is infected - if it is registering at an exe where you have joined 2 progs one a virus file and not at the exe joiner itself then no the joiner ain't infected

happy now?

v_Ln

Originally posted by valhallen
    Ok if ur AVP is registering an alert at the exe joiner itself then yes it is infected - if it is registering at an exe where you have joined 2 progs one a virus file and not at the exe joiner itself then no the joiner ain't infected
    actually, you might be surprised...AV companies rutienly will have their progies detect trojan-associated programs that are not trojans themselves...such as clients for trojans. they are almost all detected as being "infected" with the trojan that they are the client for, even when they are not. it would not surprise me if they detected certian exe joiners which are popular in the trojan world...
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

Banned
    Originally posted by 8*B@LL

actually, you might be surprised...AV companies rutienly will have their progies detect trojan-associated programs that are not trojans themselves...such as clients for trojans. they are almost all detected as being "infected" with the trojan that they are the client for, even when they are not. it would not surprise me if they detected certian exe joiners which are popular in the trojan world...
    Yes, I think you are right. When I highlight the exejoiner in Explorer, the AVP says that it's a trojan. But I believe the alert is because the joiner can be used to plant trojans. It is not the exejoiner in itself that is the trojan, but a possible output.