Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Hack?

I am a cracker

Question Why Hack?

I realize this is "antionline.com" and I will probably get flamed for posting such a thread. I am just curious what do you tell people when they ask you why you hack? The reason I'm asking is, my girlfriend (found out) nows shes tripping, and b.s. about it, then she had the nerve to tell her family and her dad is asking me questions. When he asked me why I hacked, I had a good response for his azz "Because it's there. Because I can. Because it's fun."When I told him that he looked at me like I some kind of Cyber-criminal So why do you hack?

I don't, necessarily, by the denotation you present. I, moreso, prevent it... or at least try to.

I'm in the business of prevention also.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I do not attack external systems. I like to understand the system and I want to be aware of holes but like the previous two posters I try to prevent it.
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

Say, why don't you go back to the ZA thread and answer iNViCTuS?

I'd like to read about your hacker skills too.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I am a cracker
    Whats this hate on I am a cracker day. Maybe I should have been more specific in my thread

Hack to prevent other people from hacking you.
    -Shkuey
    Living life one line of error free code at a time.

What are you talking about dude? Were you talking to me? If so, I retract any negative comment you got from me, because they were not meant by any means.

Not at all. Just thirsty for information you said you have.
    - Samuel Johnson

Is it better not to flame hmm.... well maybe not in this case.

Just say you work for the govt as a top secret agent who hacks into Bin Ladin Bank accounts.
    You have to say it seriously!

Possible 4 things will happen.
    1) he'll be overloaded with joy that you are helping to end terrroism.
    2) he'll take it as a joke.. and hopefully get you drunk.
    3) he'll kill you and your whole family because he is a accountant for the Bin Ladin.
    4) Or he will just stop asking.