Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How about a bump down button?

How about a bump down button?

How about a bump down button? It would come in real handy when someone makes 3 threads about the same issue or makes a real stupid thread. You could also implement access restrictions to prevent abuse. How about you must have 100 antipoints or something like that to use both of the "bump" features. That would keep stupid threads from being bumped up also.

I think it's a good idea, but it would be _very_ easy to abuse if someone disliked someone else personally.

I like it, but as you guys already said it would raise abuse level to a all new high.
    I dont even think basing it on AntiPoints is a good idea because even some people that are popular have some enemies...
    To be God is to be Root, if someone is erking you just type: rm -d /home/heathen

Originally posted by jehnx
    I think it's a good idea, but it would be _very_ easy to abuse if someone disliked someone else personally.
    Exactly, perhaps we should have more moderators who can remove such threads.

It would come in handy if someone posted 3 times or if some post was really stupid, like 'how do I hack hotmail'.

However, what if someone bumped something down which they thought was a useless topic, but someone else would have really been interested in, but didn't see it in the top few?

It's a nice idea, has it's benefits, but also has some negative aspects.

...hmmm...just thinking - what if you had to reply when bumping down? For example, if someone posts 'how do I hack hotmail', you select BUMP DOWN, with the reply 'this is totally not the question to post on this site' - or something similar. That way, if someone bumps down without giving a good reason (such as leaving the field blank or writing 'I don't like you') users can see that he/she bumped down without a genuine reason, and hand out some negative antipoints.

Anyways, that's just a thought of how one of its problems could be tackled. Any other ideas?

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

hot_ice: good idea dude, I like that.

Hmmmmm someone just gave me a load of greenpoints(Like 25) with this message "none taken"
    Can this person elaborate? I mean I take it you like the post....I just don't understand WHY

Well, it wasn't me, but mate, if you don't want em - I'll take em!

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

I found out who it was...it was a very cool and respected member who gave them to me by mistake.....hehe should I give them back hehe

Banned
    Share the wealth.. Ill take them off your hands