Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hacking Truths Certified Hacker

Post Hacking Truths Certified Hacker

hi,

has anybody done the Hacking Truths Certification examinations or has expirence with that??
    i found these site today and i was
    wondering about is it useful or crap.the price is 10$ (American Dollars)

cheers,

sounds like snake oil 2 me.

~Meeow~

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    *nix: No Shell Programming, only extremely basic newbie shell commands and very basic info on the shell.
    Hmmm...how can you be a 'certified hacker' if you only know 'extremely basic newbie shell commands'? This all points towards the "Windows h@x0r" as you can read what else is required on http://hackingtruths.box.sk/htch.htm (complete detail).
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

It´s snake oil alright, no offence to Ankit Faida but I don´t think he can set standards like that and ask for money.
    Perhaps a certified company that provides professional computer training?

that is what i thought but i would like to hear what happens in these examinations
    the only thing that doesn\'t change is everything will always change.

Well I dunno, guess I never got the urge to pay 10 bucks for some 14 year old kid´s security test.

heh, its definatly trying to cater to the wanna-be h4x0rz...you dont even have to know anything about NT or 2k or anything....i mean, if you want to be a "hacker", shouldnt you atleast learn about the most comon server operating systems?
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Send me $10. I will mail you a sheet of paper saying you are certified in anything you want to be. $20, and I will even emboss it with a gold seal. For the low price of $30, I will even laminate it for you.

What good would a hacker certificate do anyway? Give you something to hang on you wall and show all your l33t script kiddie friends? Just make one yourself, they will never know the difference anyway. I don't know many companies that are going to be verifying a hacker certification either.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Let's see if I can help. Typically the advanced security and cracker courses I go to are about $500-$1000 per day. If this place is passing itself off for a certifying entity I would suggest you -

Look before you leap (get bio on place and instructors)
    Ask around for refs
    Don't pay a lot for a little.

Hope this helps.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

defietally sounds like someone just tryin to get the little rich kids to send em money. jsut learn on your own, or goto school somewhere, and learn from the people there.
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com