Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hacking Truths Certified Hacker

lol this is too funny... i havent seen any job openings for a certified Hacker. For sure this is a scam for all the little l337 h4x0r wannabes..

its probably a scam as khrist just said

If this was a website, don't do it. Those internet college degrees are trash, too. Go to a real school for hacking. I have been through many because the gov and now my company boses like for me to be up-to-date. Those classes occationally have exams, but the classes usually last a couple of weeks (one at the least) and are certainly more than $10. The exams really are not too difficult if you pay attention and have some wits about you. Some are written, some multi, others are to try to get addmition into a website, network, etc. and with the latter, the qiucker you do it and the more stealthy, the better. Then I had two were I had to defend against attacks and track the hackers and they will have you in a place and won't tell you when/if they are attacking. The latter two tests are the funnest for me!

The gov uses certified hackers. I was one of them. We are used to hack into other nations' gov comps and try to take info that is important. The FBI and CIA and MIA use certified andlegal hackers. Any hacker wants to do it legal, go there. Also, some companies pay people to try to breech their sys just to tell the company the sys weaknesses.

Why resurrect something from February?
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Because threads today simply suck!!!
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

lol , sounds intresting... i cant wait to read more on this.. but yeah i dont think the quality .. or how good a hacker is should be into a test that someone with no knowledge at all wrote..

i guess it is a fun thing to get fpr little kids .. but any real hacker that has any respect for him self at all would relize everyone is stronger in their own ways .. depending on their intrests really...

Thumbs down

This site and course is hosted by Ankit Fadia. I read his book "The Unoffical Guide to Eithcal Hacking". There I found a discussion on the Registry, which was copied directly from www.regedit.com, also I found he likes to use others scripts. Please avoid this course, get Windows 2000 Server and Debian Linux on your system, learn C and PERL, and you are set. Remember, hacking is a passion not a course you can be taught by someone else. :0)

This site and course is hosted by Ankit Fadia. I read his book "The Unoffical Guide to Eithcal Hacking". There I found a discussion on the Registry, which was copied directly from www.regedit.com, also I found he likes to use others scripts. Please avoid this course, get Windows 2000 Server and Debian Linux on your system, learn C and PERL, and you are set. Remember, hacking is a passion not a course you can be taught by someone else. :0)
    New World Order!

Hmm

I have also read "The Unofficial Guide to Ethical Hacking" by Ankit Fadia

And assuming he had the knowledge he spoke about, he actually gives very little detail on what I consider hacking. While there is some usefull information for reference, The only topic he gives details, and indepth knowledge for is Virii.. based off that

I would say this "Course" Is not worth attending... and for 10$ i would be willing to bet it is a ripoff of sorts, Every course i have checked into varies from 1000-2500+

(However I am Not yet a "Experienced" hacker, and am still crawling over the basics (learning perl/c++, html protocalls in depth, and several other things.. And therefore my opinion is based off what little I know. -Just an FYI.)

...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Talking

ec-counsel offers a certified ethical hacker where you learn *nix & M$ has anyone herd of this?
    i'm asking because we are going to run the boot camps at the school at which i teach.