Thread: Router

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man

Question Router

A while ago i posted a thread on routers. I was asking general questions, not knowing much about these routers. Its a cisco router.I have since posting that thread, i have gained access to the router via hyperterminal.Now I am trying to map out a VLAN....it says it has one vlan active... 192.0.10.10. also i want to access the default gateway router but it's blocked by password. Question: Can I find the password somewhere in the router or configure the router to let me gain access to the VLAN?Or with my managers access of this router can configure the other router?
    I will give the semantics when I am home and have the txt file that I saved.
    P.S. Please don't think I am going to deface this place with "|>r T0|<3R" or be at all maliciouse I am doing this for educational and experience only.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

I'm not going to tell you how to crack that Cisco, but as for wanting to figure out how to map a VLAN, thats pretty easy. You have to go into Ciscos
    vlan data base. the command is vl da. Then you simply type in the new vlan name: vlan 666. From there you type in apply at the prompt to apply
    the new changes and then type in exit to get out of the data base. But, this has to be done on the vtp server and not on a vtp client. Go to cisco's
    web site, all the docs are online if you want to read up on it.

What model cisco router is this you are using?

And to answer your question about the other router, you will need a valid login to have access to it.

i would not recommend messing with the VLAN settings unless you know what you are doing because there is a good possiility that you could cut off access to other users. You also should not need to change anything with VLANs. That is usually done on your layer 3 switches.

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Thanx, like i said i will give you guys more facts on this at home after 3pm
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Dr Toker, I dont think anyone will tell you how to subvert cisco routers remotely, (I wont because I dont know how! ) but if you can gain physical access then the router is yours. All you need to do is follow the password recovery procedure to a certain point then copy the encrypted password into a cracker and voila! the rest is plain sailing.

Krang
    .....Brain Failure....dumping core.... z z z

If you're going to recover the password you should have physical access to the device otherwise you shouldn't be in it.

BTW-If you go search on cisco.com they tell you how to get the passwords. It's pretty common knowledge.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson