Thread: Proxy Servers

Angry Proxy Servers

My Internet server has removed the proxy server! how can this affect in the performance of my internet connection? Do i have to pay even more attention to my own privacy? Please advise!

This could effect your internet performance. Hrms..privacy? I don't think so, unless it was suppose to be an annomynous proxy you were behind.
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

Well...if there is no proxy, there will be a slight change in performance, but your performance should actually improve.

i read somewhere on the net that proxy servers were created to improve your internet connection and improve your pc security...

thx!
    The World is coming to an end, thus so are we...

Well...a proxy server on your local network could improve performance because it caches the web pages and sends them to you over your LAN instead of re-downloading it from the net. But in this case....the proxy server is located on the Internet, so even i the pages were cached, they would still have to pulled across the Internet link. Removing the proxy in this case would reduce latency.

A proxy server can provide a good level of security, but there is only one problem...you do not have control over it. If you had your own proxy, i would say it is a good ideas, but since it is the iSP's proxy. Better off without it...