View Poll Results: Do You Want a News Story Only Forum?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! It would keep this post in one area.

8 61.54%
  • Yes. It would cut down -tive points.

2 15.38%
  • No I like seeing unrelated post everywhere

1 7.69%
  • No I don't thnk so.

2 15.38%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What 's your Fav HTML editor

TechieChick
    I don't do a lot of web pages but when the moment arises, I prefer Dreamweaver and Fireworks.

huh, so normally I like to be aware of every program that I have installed on my computer, but I must be slacking. I just found that I have Dreamweaver 3 installed. . . Too bad I don't use it. ( I wonder how/why I even have it )

Guess it is time to do some house cleaning,
    dhej

huh, so normally I like to be aware of every program that I have installed on my computer, but I must be slacking. I just found that I have Dreamweaver 3 installed. . . Too bad I don't use it. ( I wonder how/why I even have it )

Guess it is time to do some house cleaning,
    dhej

I think that dreamweaver is the best of the wisywigs out there as it does write proper HTML and can even clean up word HTML. It also doesnt add stupid empty tags and extra lines of HTML. Although i do still prefer using a text editor such as textpad (includes useful syntax highlighting i.e. Missed end " youll find it easily!!) It can also write C++ etc. It has useful add ons that you can download from the site.

Banned
    I use notepad, dreamweaver ultradev and Fireworks... BTW I heard that CuteHTML has spyware in it

I'm using exactly the same as "ac1dsp3ctrum"
    Notepad mostly but then i'l mess with dreamweaver and fireworks is top notch for graphics, banners, picture editing..ect

I use Dreamweaver, but first I learned HTML from some books.

I can't believe you didn't include 1st Page 2000 from Evrsoft in the poll. It's by far the best editor I've ever used (and I've used a lot in the last 4/5 years, from WYSIWYGs to plain text editors), with full syntax support and highlighting. Much better than Frontpage which just makes a total mess of your code or Dreamweaver which punches a massive hole in your wallet before you've even started building a site.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Thumbs up

didn't include...cause i didn't know about 'em...now i do...had a look at their site...looks like its a pg package...almost too good for freeware...i wanna say what's the catch??...

i love the touch on their site...they have <buy> link..which leads to a page which says...

"If you are here to purchase 1st Page 2000, please go back. 1st Page is free and requires no licensing fees. If you would like to use 1st Page 2000 for use in educational institutions, corporate enterprises or government houses you are free to do so. "

gotta like that...free is good...i might dl it this WE and play with it at home...

i'd add it to the poll but i don't think i can edit it...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

One that's been missed, and is more than just an HTML editor: EditPlus. I use it for everything here, and I write ASP, PHP, Java, C, HTML, etc... It's got a LOT of useful features like vertical selection, great code highlighting, etc., etc..

It's worth checking out if you write a lot of code.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?