Thread: Open letter to Dubya (must read)

Talking Open letter to Dubya (must read)

This is also in the cosmos forum but since no one is reading that and this doesn't show up on the front page I thought it controversial enough to post in chit-chat.

This is an open letter to President George W. Bush from Michael Moore. Michael Moore is a film maker, author and political activist. He does his homework, and has a way with words. Read it and see if you agree.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/2002_0129.html
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Damn, but do you really think that Dubya knew about the Enron scandle before hand? Doubtfull, Bush is from Houston, he wouldnt want all these ppl to lose jobs. I don't think he would participate in something so deceptive. Maybe Enron was donating and trying to get close to the pres. cause they knew what was about to happen and wanted his help when it did. I dunno man....
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Your message is interesting, but it leaves about a few details (which I am no expert on). "Dubya" is not unique in acceptance of Enron contributions. From what I have heard, both parties and similar problems dealing with Enron.

Oh right. He had no idea. I understand that you may feel that blaming W for the whole situation may equate to blaming Ronald McDonald when you get a bad cheeseburger, you may believe that neither of them are in control. But this guy is the president of the U.S. which means to me that the buck stops with him.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

<sarcasm> Gee what a suprise. How could he do that?<sarcasm/> Well it doesn't really suprise me most of the presidents were involved in many scandals before. I wonder how many no one has found out about.

I believe every bit of it. Here in Texas the electricity is being deregulated because of Enron.
    This also makes me wonder why there was no energy conservation policy for the winter because of the "war." People should have been asked to turn off the Christmas lights in order to cut down on the fuel we buy from the Middle East. Phil Gramm tried to claim he lost all this money on Enron stock and that he only made off with a couple hundred grand. He doesn't care because he will be head of the Texas A&M system soon.