Thread: Can anyone help

Can anyone help

Ok well i went to this crazy computer sale @ the Buffalo Convention Center and picked me up a IBM Apteva ( i dout that this is what it really is ) 600mhz processor , 256MB Ram with a CD burner and a 20gig hard drive for $250. It pretty nice going from a 133 to a 600

Anyways on to my point

When i turn the computer on it comes up and says IBM in big letters before it goes on to do the memory check and then the BIOS.. My question is does anyone know where that logo is located and what the name of it may be so that i can change it to something else

Thanks
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

Thumbs down

Sorry to inform you. Only two ways to disable the screen. If you notice it's before the post screen. It's the first thing to load. WHy. Because the major companys make there retail win boxes this way to make it so the average user sees the product name and it hides the bios setep options screen. So someone does'nt realize what they can tweek or not tweek so to speak. Anyway. The two ways are:

1.Replace the BIOS
    2.Get a flash upgrade (if it's flashable) for the BIOS from it's maker. Which I don't recomend because HP adds some proprietary code to it. So you may render it inoperatable.

Some sites offer BIOS hacks that will remove it. But thats a no no as well. Play it safe.

Just go to google and type in: (name and model of coputer) bios setup keys. Or something to that effect and when the screen comes up use that key combination to access the BIOS setup. You realy won't need to unless you add hardware or if it has onboard sound and modem. And you decide to add a third party modem or sound card. Then you'll have to access it to disable the onboard.

Hope this helps.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Thanks for the help
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

Oop's almost forgot to sum it up. It's in the BIOS. Thats why you can't disable it from Windows.
    Sorry.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.