Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Movies With Computers..

Why is it that there is always so many light panels intermittently flickering what would be an incomprehensible message to the operators? Often too, a siren or bell operates in the background as the typist does some "big" command.

One favorite phoney scene was the guy who cracked the alien messaging system in the Independence day movie. With a laptop and a cell phone.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

I am a cracker
    The movie "hackers" with angelina jolie that movie suxs a big one if you never seen it don't even waste your money on it.. They should have changed the title to "Crackers" because there was no real hacking invloved.. Just a bunch of b.s

Hmm... wasn't somebody just talking about this the other day? Can't imagine who
    Yeah, Elfqrin's always had a great site.

SSJVegeta-Sei

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede

Cool

I've seen this thread a few times but oh well,

Accually I love the Movie Hackers. Angelina Jolie was fuc*kin hot even back then. None of the computer stuff was realistic but it wasn't ment to be. It was a shock value movie trying to portray how with a little knowlage and some basic tools crackers could do some serious damage. Anyway, Hackers would be my chioce for puter flicks.
    Those who are awake all live in the same world.
    Those who are asleep live in their own worlds. -Heraclitus

All Your Base!

here's another one for you guys:

*Anybody who has atleast a decent working knoledge of computers can break even the most protected boxes by simply typing lots and lots of stuff on the keyboard untill they get a screen with big flashing letters saying "Access Granted"
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

Same with swordfish..

The only reason I watched swordfish was for the nude seen of Haly Berry!

Damn she fine
    [shadow]l3aDmOnKeY[/shadow]

Thumbs up IMHO (in my humble opinion)

A movie with Robert Redford called "Sneakers" although unrealistic was a good vid since there was some actual thought process applied to the script. Hence, not the normal shoot 'em up. I'm surprised noone has mentioned Enema of the State.
    @lm!ghty

*cough* WarGames *cough* the coolest. The phone coupler, 300 baud modem and all. Way cool.

"Would you like to play a game?"
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson