Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Web site Hosting ?

Windows.. yuck, why not get something running linux with SSH access. I don't think I'd trust windows for anything other then word processing. How's the reliablity on the windows box?

I've been doing this for about 6 years and the only time I've been on a windows box doing hosting was when exploiting numerous bugs in microsoft frontpage.

-Ben
    Netherweb Clustered Hosting (99.999% uptime)
    http://www.netherweb.com
    \"Cluster Hosting From $4.95 a Month\"

Ninja Code Monkey
    I've never had problems running or doing development on windows boxes...and I've been doing it for years as well. I've also worked in linux and solaris environments. They all have their problems and their places and suck just as much in the end.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

I am running a site on t35 and it has been working fine for me.

Did yu mentioned freeservers.com?
    :P

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    I use www.netfirms.com almost exclusivly. They have never done me wrong.

xmad

Thanks for some of those different options.

I have been trying to get some decent free hosting for ages and im going to try a few of the ones posted above.

Cheers Again,

Robert

I have used hostrocket (hostrocket.com ) in the past and thought I would fill you in about my experience. They offer a great price for what you get. $9.95 a month (24 mo.) gets you pleny of space, new rollover bandwidth, unlimited email accts, tons of bandwidth, plus all of the basic back end stuff. They were good to me but Im in the process of switching hosts because you cant pass up unlimited everything for 5 bucks a month (special deal from a friend though, sorry).

Only complaint with host rocket is their support system. It probably works fine for the most part but when something went wrong with my account, it took a few days to get everything back into order.

Other than that, hostrocket is a good place for newbies or old timers.

-Cheers-

Trickk-en-os-sis: A worm or more less a snake that eats inside of meat, nonetheless the mind.