Thread: Need NT/2000 expert help (again)

Need NT/2000 expert help (again)

occasionally when i shut down my computer and later start it up again, after the bios loads, the win2k (its an adv srvr. if that is of any help) OS loads to the logon screen for less than a minute then it goes black and a memory dump screen comes up with an error message as follows:

***STOP: 0x000000C2 (0x00000007, 0x00000B8A, 0xE1CBF3A0, 0xE1CBF3A8)
    BAD_POOL_CALLER

i have yet to see any pattern in this problem except that it happens pretty often.

what the hell is happening and please help

thanks,
    mnem0nic
    is a signature that important?

TechieChick
    Have you installed SP2 by chance?

This knowledge base article pretty much describes your problem and stop code.

Hope it helps.

TC

From technet

Try http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tre...d_stp_czgw.asp

The following suggestions are specific to Stop 0xC2 errors. For additional troubleshooting suggestions that apply to all Stop errors, see "Stop Message Checklist" later in this appendix.

A Stop 0xC2 message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.
    A Stop 0xC2 message might also be due to failing or defective hardware. If a Stop message points to a category of devices (such as disk controllers, for example), try removing or replacing the hardware to determine if it is causing the problem.
    If you encounter a Stop 0xC2 message while upgrading to Windows XP Professional, the problem might be due to an incompatible driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup. To avoid problems while upgrading, simplify your hardware configuration and remove all third-party device drivers and system services (including virus scanners) prior to running setup. After you have successfully installed Windows XP Professional, contact the hardware manufacturer to obtain compatible updates.

For more information about Stop 0xC2 messages, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base link on the Web Resources page at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/reskits/webresources. Search using keywords winnt, 0x000000C2, and 0xC2.
    I\'m not a BOT I\'m a beer droid!
    Prepare to be Assimilated.