Thread: security tools for MacOS 9.1

security tools for MacOS 9.1

Hi All,
    I am using a MacOS 9.1 machine connected to a ethernet LAN. I was looking for some network utilities such as port scanners, packet capturing utils like sniffer and firewalls. Is it possible to hack into linux and windows machines from a Mac(sorry, newbie Q). Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

DA007

I don't like Macs because they are hard to configure and many useful programs don't run under MacOS (however some useful tools such as Net Bus, Back Orifice, SubSeven support MacOS ).

Port scanner? - Of course, Nmap ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ ). It is one of the best port scanners for UNIX-like operation systems.
    Norton Personal Firewall supports MacOS, it is a good firewall (at least for Windows ). You can find more information at:
    http://www.tlsecurity.net/macintosh/...t/vulnscanner/
    www.securemac.com

AIDeveloper.

Hello darkangel007,

I guess that you have read the thread "hackers Work..", I have to admit that its ages since I used MAC and im badly informed today (sorry), but I would suggest you to try the links below and see what you'll find.

Googe search One
    Google search Two
    Google search Three

~micael

Thank you all for your reply. I will get to work on the links. I would also prefer a linux or even a windows computer for hacking purposes as compared to a Mac but i dont have a choice for now and am trying to make the best of whatever i have.

Thanks again,

DA007