Thread: Bump Up... Or not

Banned

Bump Up... Or not

I have two suggestions.
    1) There should be a bump down button for stupid threads, or threads that have been posted multiple times (KOBBRAS)
    2) The person who originally created the thread shouldnt be able to bump up his own thread
    Thanks for your time JP

Re: Bump Up... Or not

Hello ac1dsp3ctrum.

Originally posted here by ac1dsp3ctrum
    I have two suggestions.
    1) There should be a bump down button for stupid threads, or threads that have been posted multiple times (KOBBRAS)
    I personally think this is a bad idea, it can lead to a major "bump" war and it can maybe be fun for some people but I guess that the majority would suffer when threads are comming and disapering all the time.

2) The person who originally created the thread shouldnt be able to bump up his own thread Thanks for your time JP
    I think its a nice feature to bump up threads I have written earlier but not have been read many times by other people. Many people lives in different timezones and a thread posted daytime in my country can be nighttime in the US (just a example) and other threads have pushed the post down a couple of pages.

And since I want as many people as possible to read my questions and perhaps also get an answer to them do I want to be able to bump it up again. IMHO do I wote for the "author bump feature to stay" .

If we have or see any problems with the "bump" feature would I vote for having moderators to look over the forums instead.

~micael

I think the current implementation is fine... except it would be nice to be able to add to a thread WITHOUT bumping it... (small checkbox near "disable smileys"?) so that if you found out the answer to a really old question, you could add something in to help anyone who views it later, without resurfacing the dead topic.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

I agree with Terr , but my question would be, how would/could that be implemented ?
    if it's based on time posted, wouldn't you need to have some script run that changes the
    time of the post to the same (approx) time of the previous post ? If there is someway to do
    this, I'd certainly be interested in knowing how to do it.

Maybe just posting, but not updating the overall *thread* last-post-on variable... So the thread last-post-time would be that of the second-to-last post... >:/ dunno
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency