Thread: Su password

Su password

How do you crack a su password file?
    and also what is a sucrypt?
    Thanks Alot
    David Shirley

sucrypt is probably the crypted pw file for the superuser. And the way you crack it, well, search somewhere for it cuz I'm sure you're not meaning well.

Banned
    Now... Is this by any chance for the new CyberArmy Challenge (http://www.cyberarmy.com/zebulun.html)? If so.. Consult the forums, It might help you out... And stop trying to cheat

lol Ac1d, I keep thinking of this one weird conversation we had about CA. lol

Banned
    Good times... Good times

They always have to change the challenges, don't they? At least their first challenge is tougher, it seems...

The problem is, the sheer nature of the challenge (and a large percentage of the challengers) is such that cheating is probably more common than really doing it. (And don't get me started on how Eliza is a piss-poor excuse for social engineering.)

Now, I'm not saying I could breeze through it without doing some research, but the whole Zebulun challenge seems geared towards eye-candy (in the spartan techno manner) and ego-boosting. ("Let's see how many people can go through all these hoops by using google effectively!") Then the challengers have a vested interest in defending the system, because otherwise it invalidates their own built-up-sense of self-worth by winning levels.

Now, if they only gave each new user a seed value, and created a slightly different variant of each challenge for that user (In other words, no two people could enter the exact same answer to progress) it would be far far better.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency