Thread: Getting back through a proxy server

Getting back through a proxy server

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions at how to get through a proxy server. How would i approach it?
    Thanks alot

What do you mean by "through" a proxy server? If you mean how do u use one just go to google and type free proxy servers. There should be a ton there. If ur usin windows to use it goto internet explorer, tools, internet options, connections tab. Find your connection and click settings. Add it in there and boom it works.
    XPaCiScOoL

[glowpurple]\"Your Smallest Flaw is my greatest Strength.\" - Me[/glowpurple]

Banned
    Here you go.. Hope this helps out
    This is from here
    Why use Web Proxies?
    Web proxies enable a more efficient access to popular websites. Instead of downloading data from a site in the United States, for example, the page is held in a cache on the server. This means that you have quicker access to the page and there has not been the overhead in bandwidth resources every time the same page is downloaded.

If the site you are seeking has not been accessed recently, then the browser will download it from the actual site

It is essential that all Avon Global Members using web browsers change their proxy settings as described on this page because from October 1st 1997, the Avon Global server will not allow access to the Web unless the settings described on this page, have been implemented on your web browser.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setting up Web Proxies in Internet Explorer
    Click on View | Options | Connection

Under Proxy Server, tick the box next to "Connect through a Proxy Server" by clicking in it.

Click on the button labelled "Settings" and change the settings to..

HTTP: proxy.avon.net.au Port: 3128

FTP: proxy.avon.net.au Port: 3128

Gopher: proxy.avon.net.au Port: 3128

Click on OK and then OK again and you should be back to your normal Internet Explorer browser window.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setting up Web Proxies in Netscape 1 and 2
    Click on Options | Preferences | Proxies

Enter the settings as shown in the image below and then click on OK.

Setting up Web Proxies in Netscape Navigator

Click on Options | Network Preferences | Proxies

Put a dot in the box next to "Manual Proxy Configuration" by clicking in it.

Click on the button labelled "View" and change the settings to..

HTTP: proxy.avon.net.au Port: 3128

FTP: proxy.avon.net.au Port: 3128

Gopher: proxy.avon.net.au Port: 3128

Click on OK and then OK again and you should be back to your normal Netscape browser window.

Through as in get through someone elses proxy and get access to there internal network

Through as in get through someone elses proxy and get access to there internal network
    lol...he makes it sound so fun.

But alas, Viper - dear friend - This is not a place/website to discuss areas of penetration without discussing how to patch up before. This is a place of worshiping the greatest Security Gods, not the greatest criminal masterminds. We, here at AntiOnline, disucuss the latest breaking security news, while shifting eversoslightly to give URL's, texts, .pdf's on how to protect yourself from such an attack. Dear friend...I advice you never to ask this again...or the consequences shall be far worse than what has appeared before you...
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Viperbite this is NOT the place for this type of script kiddie question

Viperbite

Its not a script Script kiddie question *******s its an honest to god question. You guys are so arrogant that you cant even answer a real stupid easy question. you simply dismiss it as script kiddie.
    And also webcarnage yours your f'n problem is that a threat... i thought this was a place with people who use there in constructive ways not in malisious ways. You think that haveing all the knowledge that could be potentialy malisious that you are above everyone and can scare people off or something? In short your a arrogent meglomanic.

O yea acid spectrum. thanks alot for your help. I hope you didnt type all that your self though.

lol

hmm word?

Ok first you need to know if the proxy is a local one or one dat is being accessed via the internet. Getting through one that is being accessed via the internet is useless and irrelivant. but the local one yeah.. that can be aranged.

Two words: log files.

IF you can get hold of the log files of the proxy server, you can get the IP Addresses of the machines logged on to that proxy server.

IF you want to know how to get the login files.. THAT is a LOOONNGG story coz you are back to square one.. if you know what i mean, IF.. you know what the next step is, you would know what i mean..