Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: something i noticed...

something i noticed...

I just did a quick netstat on my system, and it came up saying i had a connection to xp.mcafee.com:http. well, i don't have any mcafee software running on my system, and i'm not viewing their webpage. Why would they have a connection open with me?

Banned
    Im taking a wild guess here, but I think you have WindowsXP... If thats right its proabbly the windows firewall, Im not 100% sure but I think WinXP uses McAfee software for its firewall

no...i'm using 2000 Advanced Server

it probably says 'TIME WAIT' at the end of that line. if you viwed a web page that had an add/banner from macaffee, that loaded from their server you'll get this. if it says 'CONNECTION ESTABLISHED' and your not looking at anything from them or its their whenever you check, then i'd start looking into it.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

it says Connection Established...that was what got me curious

were you opening an attachment in hotmail... cos they run macaffee

yeah.. there are some sites that are assosiated with mcafee.. hotmail is one.. well one that i know of.. oh and so as www.download.com (well they used to but i dunno if they still do now, i heard they moved to symantec)

If you have XP. It connects automatically. Why? Because of the built in .net account (either a MSN or Hotmail email and login. If you notice when you login to MSN or Hotmail. It says all files are scan inroute for virii. Well it's the McAfee engine used.

Hope this helps........
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

OK....I don't have XP, and i didn't download anything from my hotmail account. it's still open, and has apparently been all day. i'm thinking of putting a sniffer on it and seeing what info is being sent. If nothing else, I'll e-mail the admin at Mcafee and see if he knows what's going on.

once upon on time, in the galaxy of another forum, in a land of working too long and sleeping too little, i just tripped-out and posted a reply, that was totally off the wall, to someones question . another member proceeded to give the correct information after pointing out the total obsurdity of my post.

i left the post up, even though i felt a little foolish. hell, even Homer nodded. i also did not reach far for a reason to give negative anti-points to other posts in other forums, made by my corrector.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”