Thread: Some online virus sacnners

I am a cracker

Thumbs up Some online virus scanners!

"In these past and recent days,weeks, and months I've seen an increase in virii, trojans, and worms. With these new bugs come more and more updates for your antivirus software. Instead of waisting all your time and memory updating your software I've gathered a few usefull online virus/trojan scanners.

HouseCall (this is tight)
    Description:Housecall is very well coded applet. It offers quit and good scanning attributes. The scan is updated daily so you don't have to worry about it missing anything.

Command
    Description:Command is very similar to HouseCall. The applets are pratically the same thing. The only down fall to Command is the little longer form you need to fill out before scanning.

McAfee
    Description:What is there to say? It's all in the name.

All of these are good scanners, I would recommend HouseCall. Hope this help's!

I feel there is no substitute for having good Anti-Virus software (with recent AV update) on your machine.
    An on-line scanner isn't going to help if your infected with a nasty virus which kills your machine is it?
    [glowpurple]manually editing your config files can break them. If this happens, you get to keep both pieces. [/glowpurple]

Not to mention you loose the realtime protection that will keep a virus from writing itself to the drive, your online scanner will only find it if it's already running rampant.

Originally posted here by IFixDaWindoze
    Not to mention you loose the realtime protection that will keep a virus from writing itself to the drive, your online scanner will only find it if it's already running rampant.

Dude, did you happen to check the date on this thread you dug up from the archives?

Originally posted here by Maverick811

Dude, did you happen to check the date on this thread you dug up from the archives?
    I didnt even know you could post as a guest.....
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Same here. Well looks like you do learn something new everyday

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)

Originally posted here by CXGJarrod

I didnt even know you could post as a guest.....
    A Mod can correct me if I am wrong, but this person was an ass many many moons ago. Long before the AP system was brought in. I believe the only way to get rid of people back then was to delete their account which turned their posts being tagged as 'guest'. Now with the AP system you get tagged as 'banned'.

I think that's it.

In short, you still can't post as a guest, only read.

Cheers:
    DjM

Originally posted here by Maverick811

Actually I did not notice the date, how the hell did I wander back to Feb? I must be getting more and more crazy..... That's what happens when you post at work......