Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neg. Points under Fake Name !

Angry Neg. Points under Fake Name !

I’ve noticed lately that allot of us has been flamed and covered by neg. point under fake names !!

Why do I say so … coz’ I’ve been asked more once “ why did u give me that neg. point ? “
    And actually I didn’t ….
    And it happened to me also … I’ve been flamed, coupled with neg. points under fake names !
    I think we should get a solution for that .
    Otherwise I think that the Points system is vain !

Any comment about the same issue ?
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

This has happened in the past and JP took care of it. (deleted the account(s) of the people doing it). Have you reported this to JP, if not you might want to, he'll do what he can.

DjM

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    I think that is a good idea to have the antipoint system updated to include name so you know who is giving you the antipoints. Also you should be able to give a full impact Antipoint medium light ect....however knowing who antipointed you could cause unwanted friction on the board.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

TechieChick
    Is it possible that the points you give still show up as a neutral (grey) vs. a green for positive?

I had the same questions in the begining and the antipoint system will give neutral's that don't affect your rating until you have a balance of give and take on your antipoints. A true neg is red and I thought when I had a few greys that I had received negs when in actuality is was a new member trying to give greenies.

Hope I explained that right.

TC

Banned
    This happened before when two users were giving out antipoints under false names.

When it occured and I realised it happened I created a thread called Important AntiPoint abuse!

JP was quick to sort out the problem and deleted two users who were caught for abusing the sytem. A quick PM or E-Mail to JP should help you out also.

Remember if you get antipoints that are negative from a member and its seems highly unlikely this person has done so let them know by PM, if they signed it they will assure you why they gave points and give a good reason I presume, if they say they didnt believe them as why would they sign the points then deny it?

Anyway if any user is involved with this kind of thing know at least that JP can access the AP database and see if you are involved and easily delete your account.

Ennis.

thanks everybody ... so JP is the solution.
    ok , but what about allots of neg. points without names ..
    it's getting cold here ... i'm nearly going to Minus points
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

Go JP. Knock some heads......

"some men you just can't reach... So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it..... Well, he get's it. But I don't like it, anymore than you men." - Cool Hand Luke
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    bimmer
    Nothing you can do about the no names on the negative antiponts. This comes up every few weeks. The system is not going to be changed. You will just have to live with it the way it is.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

haraam77

Unhappy Hmmmmm.....

So.....me being an AO newbie....when I try to give positive points...they show up as grey and don't count?? When do my contributions start counting?

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    When your the ****ing shyt like Vorlin, and the Preacher

LOL JJ
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2