View Poll Results: Does Magic Lantern concern us?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - definitely

5 62.50%
  • No - definitely not

0 0%
  • What the heck is Magic Lantern

3 37.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Less emphasis on AntiPoints

Less emphasis on AntiPoints

Do you think less emphasis should be placed on AntiPoints, because I keep getting one or two positive points for helping people out, only to lose 9 or 10 when someone disagrees with me - usually adding stupid comments such as 'hahahaha!' or 'bitch'. At this rate I'm going to be an AO Jr. Member for life, despite having visited the site regulary for over 3 years.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

I also keep getting grey antipoints from people who are trying to give me green ones! This has happened four times recently (all in a row) and then one person who doesn't like me comes up and negates everything I've done for the last few months!

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    grey antipoints are from people that have not been on long enough to have their opinion count.

your member status (jr member) has nothing to do with antipoints, it is bassed on the number of posts you have made. I don't remember the exact numbers, but there is a thread that tells how many posts are necessary to change your status. I think its like 150 or 200 to get to member status. You may have visited the site for over 3 years, but you only registered in August 2001?

If you have been coming here that long, you would know by now that the antipoint system will not be changed. The topic comes up all the time, and is getting beaten to death.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

i don't really care about the antipoints ... actually i just found out the other day where to check yoour amount... it's not glorious, but i don't care the only thing i'd like to see is that the oints are not assigned anonimolsy ... let us know why we are getting flamed or not ...
    assembly.... digital dna ?

Hi mom!
    I think the antipoint system is good in principle - some adjustments could be made, but there's contiued discission on the subject.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

i have a question i never really thought bout... can idiots like oblio give out negative points or does it not count because he has like 3 red boxs of negative points.. i think if someone doesnt have a alright ammount of positive points they shouldnt be able to give out negative points but only positive... idiots like oblio are jus annoying and disagree with everyone and ive noticed when he disagrees with me i get a annon negative point with msg saying "oblio is right" with a fake signature.. Is this his sad attempts to make it look like people accutualy agree with him?

see - > http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=219742

[shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

I like the Antipoints system the way they are...except for one thing: JP said we would be able to trade our anti-points for cool stuff....still waiting on that one!
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

The Anitpoints system works well. It just takes a while for you to get into it. It took me quite some time just to get "in the green" so to speak, but I didn't give up and look at my balance now.. Just keep going at it.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I obviously caused some contraversy with this post, loads of either positive or negative antipoints came through within 24 hours!

At least no-one voted to have the system abolished altogether...

haraam77

Whatever....

I think it's fine the way it is. I get way more negative points than I do positive. That's because I speak my mind and stand up for my beliefs....also I don't take any ****. If you plan on staying in the green......don't make any posts that may cause contoversy. People don't like it when you have a mind of your own.