Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your job?

Originally posted here by rute67
    MIS Manager for newly organized HMO in FL.
    I feel for you. I did some work for an HMO one time. They know how to screw an SQL Server database up good....LOL
    They had one of their data entry clerks (he told them he was a guru)try to fix it one time when it crashed. He almost lost their back-ups as well. He totally screwed up the raid array and the rest of the works. Good luck to you.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

I’m 28, lives in Jordan , work with HP Business Partners (SMS).
    I do consultations for Enterprise solution … mainly UNIX … Clustering … SAN .. NAS … etc.
    But my study was Programming … and I’m so interested to get back to my field.
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

Thumbs up

I am a 25 year old data analyst for..you guessed it Verizon. Started as an agent fresh out of college and worked my way up to level 3 manager. The group that I oversee ensures that all channels of Verizons long distance operation have or more importantly do not have access to data necessary to perform their jobs. This requires a little knowledge of everything but the members of my team are my biggest asset as my time has been spent on the management side of things lately. AO has been invaluable to my knowledge of information security.

I'm a 22 year old systems admin for a medium sized business. We're running a Windows PC network (yay!) consisting of 70 couple machines and I stay pretty busy applying patches to the Windows software, but I also am in charge of network security, firewalls, etc. I can't complain, things are going really good for me right now. Life after college graduation has been pretty good.
    - Maverick

I'm a 20 year old Network Programmer for QUT (Queensland University of Technology) in Brisbane, Australia. Basically I set up and maintain servers that offer IT services to the uni. It's an excellent job .
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

Web Design/Bookstore
    I like reality, it tastes like bread.

I'm a socially deprived 16 year old who is stuggling through foreign languages in school. I love my computer class but I'm beginning to think my teacher is racist. I'm not hispanic, or black, white, nor asian. I'm the only Middle Eastern/European born in Chicago with "T3ch-Skillz" I know. My teachers are always getting pissed at me for contradicting them and questioning whatever they say. Some blurt out things like: "Your to damn smart for your own good" and "Stop trying to act like a smartass." I never listen...

Obnoxious parenting and teaching has lead me through a path of science. And I wish to go to John Hopkins Medical School or MIT and graduate, then become a BioGenetical Engineer, or study Immunology.

Thats all you asked...thats all I'll answer.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

I do component level repair of avionics and various other related electronics. I also do asociated 2 or 3 level repair of aircraft in the US Air Force. puters have been a hobby of mine for some time, but I'm still better with hardware than I am with software and networking security.
    Those who are awake all live in the same world.
    Those who are asleep live in their own worlds. -Heraclitus

All Your Base!

I am a 35 year old currently unemployed tech dude. I have been an consultant and DBA and for the last 7 years software and services sales. I have had a few years of security services sales and technical presales work. I really like this area. Hopefully, the economy will turn a little better and I will find a decent job soon =)
    Luck--TSM
    Atlanta, GA

Don't worry too much lucktsm. If you're good at what you do someone will notice and you'll have a job in no time. We were actually looking for a DBA about 2 months ago. We already filled the position, but there's jobs out there! Good luck man!