Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WARNING: AOL users

Thats way too easy.....gawd aol pisses me off........fishing is the oldest trick in the book....but it still works i can see. WARNING AOL USERS Dissconnect your pc, put it in the box and go back to thestore.
    ...and buy an IMac instead, which is a computer especially built for idi... hm... aol users.
    Mankan

\"The purpose of abstraction is not to be vague, but to create a new semantic level in which one can be absolutely precise.\"
    - Edsger Dijkstra

Originally posted here by Mr.Dos
    I have a question for you guy's where the hell have you been this kind of **** has been going on since 1996 hello, please keep all of us informed on the 1996 AOL promblems. Just keep on bashing on AOL this is some old ass news can you pllease find something up to date

another note..... i am aware that this exploit has been going on since 96, but i was informing people of a single person who is doing it more frquently now. virus's have been around forever, but when a new one comes out, or someone introduces a variant of one, or when someone starts sending it to people, we like to be notified. this is the same instance. yes the exploit existed and people have been using it for some time, but this is a current string of its use. a better example to illustrate my point.... there have always been murders and serial killers. we know they exist. so if there is a new one in your town, would you rather not be told, cause you know that it exists? i was just pointing out that there is someone currently doing it. so i guess it is up-to-date... since this a new person currently in the act of stealling aol accounts...

exactly korpdeath, i thought there was no need to flame as well. (esp since i stand against it)

have fun aol is"t good.

TechieChick
    Originally posted here by Mr.Dos
    I have a question for you guy's where the hell have you been this kind of **** has been going on since 1996 hello, please keep all of us informed on the 1996 AOL promblems. Just keep on bashing on AOL this is some old ass news can you pllease find something up to date
    MR. Dos, to most of us these are old, outdated and very tired exploits. What makes an exploit succesful? Lack of knowledge. I explain to my new clients what to watch for and encourage their phone calls so they don't get hooked by something this stupid and obvious. You must remember that not everyone here is responsible for the security of a lone box connecting to the internet, most of us have a host of endusers either in a corporate or home environment and we can't "forget" about the old stuff. Just like history, exploits repeat themselvs and we must keep on top of everything that could possibly comprimise our endusers regardless of how "lame" they may sound to you.

apparently, the name of the html page was fakelogin.html
    the stupidity of some people never fails to amaze me

v_Ln

True

Its is good to mention old exploites. Also its true that virus have been around for pretty much for ever but they keep changing its not like 5 yrs from now people will be saying watch out for nimba virus well.... not inless it starts going around again...damnit alright that was a bad example... any way what I'm trying to say is that hummm... well that AOL xploite isn't really a exploute all it is basicly is if I made a site and told people to put in there s/n password they would get a cool e-mail. Its more of a scam that anything...
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

thanx for the info
    My only fear in death is comming back reincarnated.

\"Would I ever sh*t you?\"
    \"Of course not you are my favorite turd.\"--E5C4P3

Talking

I may be setting myself up here but.......Several years ago when I got my first computer, I fell for a scam very similar to this one, also on AOL. I got an email, seemingly from AOL, that said there was a problem with my billing info, please click on this site, and we will take care of it for you....
    Well I didn't want to lose my account with them (at that point a chat room addict!!) and so I clicked, and very happily re-sent my credit card number, and exp date, and all sorts of stuff they "needed." Well....I think you can see where this is going...lol
    Fool me once--shame on you. Fool me twice--shame on me!
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Wink yeap

Well at least you learned from your mistake as long as u never let something like that happen to u again, the shame of that incident will fade with time.
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

That "trick" has been around for the past few years .... the latest I have seen is a message that says "You have Recieved an AOL InstaKiss!" and you click and it sends you to that "AOL Anywhere SignOn" screen and you enter your info and boom, it emails them...
    A+ Cert. Computer Technician