Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Web Designing as a Carrer???

Unhappy Web Designing as a Carrer???

dear friends,
    i just want to know about Web designing. how a person can start a good career with Web designing. i want to know what all things i should learn more to get enough knowledge and strong up my skills.
    one more thing, how animation and graphics would help me. what are the softwares used in that stuff.
    hope u all will help me out.
    if a person wants to learn.... he can learn anything..... just anything....!!!!!!

I heard from Capn Crunch that there is a high demand in India for skilled webdevelopers.
    Perhaps you should learn php or actionscript.

First of all you should visit the new web-design forum right here on AO
    next make sure you have a good working knowledge of html - then as Focmaester suggested maybe php or some other scripting....

software used in graphics - depends what type of graphics you want to include for most peps something like photo shop would do but if you want to get into 3d rendering you should invest in lightwave but be warned its hard to learn and pretty costly esp if you want such things as the sasquwatch (heh so not spelt right >_<) plug-in......or if you wanted to make your sites graphics more interactive you should look into something like flash 5 from macromedia

ther are loads of sites offering detailed tutorials on nearly every aspect of webdesign - just do a search on ol' reliable and you should turn up in number of pages - and if you get stuck you could always pop into the webdesign forum here and ask one of us

hope that helps

v_Ln

hey friends, what do u mean by php and actionscript. can i get more stuff on this.
    if a person wants to learn.... he can learn anything..... just anything....!!!!!!

do a search for it on google -> search

v_Ln

well firedevil.... web is a great career ... to drop into.. but there are some talants linked with this job... for e.g to become a web designer u have to be creative and yoru mind should think about newer and newer designs everyday....

also u have to creat some really cool animations for your client's sites so that they like it and they look totally different from others.
    well u can go for some gif animation softwares and can make a search at google.com

also visit www.webdeveloper.com for further information on web development and designing...

for web animations and graphics click here

hope this is helped... all the best...

intruder...
    A laptop, internet connection and beer.

no no no, please don't ever use animated gifs, they should actually be made illegal in my opinion.

go see this guy, he is very wise
    http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/

DM

# I was gonna put in a firewall, but then I got high #

Get on with some programing/database language some as php/mysql. Nowadays, the web companies are centering onto services and who says services means lots of data keeping. I believe that, soon enough, the design won't be what matters most but more of how the inner part of the sites work.
    Take a look at something like Amazon/Ebay or even AO. Without those scripting languages, the update whould be a real pain.
    -Friends come and go. Enemies accumulate-

I believe that, soon enough, the design won't be what matters most but more of how the inner part of the sites work.
    /me panics oO - but i love using flash

v_Ln

flash is awesome
    learning it is no that hard but becoming skilled in it is
    try www.2advanced.com to see some sweet flash from the masters