Thread: interesting tale of DRDOS from GRC..

interesting tale of DRDOS from GRC..

"By the time the attack ended, Verio's router had
    discarded more than one billion (1,072,519,399)
    malicious SYN/ACK packets."

http://grc.com/dos/drdos.htm

grc seems to be a popular target...and gibsons tales make a good read....if a little verbose...

anyone else heard of DRDOS...yet...??
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

great post zigar. +tives coming
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

DRDOS if that is still the same company, was Dynamic Research, they used to make a msdos type of os for servers. Novell had shipped thier product with its netware for a time.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Good post Zigar !

Originally posted here by gold eagle
    DRDOS if that is still the same company, was Dynamic Research, they used to make a msdos type of os for servers. Novell had shipped thier product with its netware for a time.
    Thats true and you can get their DOS distribution today for free from drdos.org .

www.bootdisk.com has a few DrDOS bootdisks available. . .it's great for a small, bootable util to host apps when linux is not a choice (Working with Fat, NTFS. . .etc)

I am a cracker
    Excellent post Zigar. I have read a lot of bad things about grc.com I am trying to find the web pages so I can show you guy's what I mean it had something to do with spy ware and working for the F.B.I or stuff like that covering stuff up! (Gibson Research Corporation)

the first time i heard about GRC.com was when a friend of myne (at the time) WkD used his DDoS bots to attack it and made a big deal about it... later it was all over GRC about this little 13 year old punk attacking the site with tons of amounts of DDoS bots... which is total crap he had barley any bots but we wont get into that.
    The attacks one GRC was total crap and it was a shame that the site was droped so easly...

i mean **** i could infect a easy 2000 unique cable host within 3 days but that doesnt mean im a 1337 hax0r it just means im smarter then the people id infect...

god when will people learn that the internet is not a place for idiots....

o well till then we will have wars of idiots killing idiots with other idiots resources...

_netsyn_
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Gibson is another "Media whore." He likes to blow things out of proportion. Not to surprised about that though. DRDOS is just him trying to create a new buzz word, and I really hope that people don't start using the term. He makes good points at times, but to many people seem to think that grc is Gods (if you believe in a god) gift to computers.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman