Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which is the best version for Linux?

Hey if you have any friend or relations that know anything about Linux get them around, it will help a lot. I am lucky to have a good friend who installed a copy of Linux Mandrake, he had a CD so I didnt even have to download.

Getting it with some manuals is also recommended.

Hope that helped but well everyone else gave better info sorry!

thank u friends. most of u recommended for Mandrake version. so well, now i am very eager to know more about the Mandrake version. i will start studying about that version.
    if a person wants to learn.... he can learn anything..... just anything....!!!!!!

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

it is unnecessary to read up on it. It has a future named "diskdrake", which will automatically set up your partitions.
    So that's a start, you can use the free space on your HD and install it there.....just start playing with it, that's the only way to learn.
    The beauty of Mandrake, and I guess I can say for RedHat too...is that they install rather quickly.
    So, since you're just starting out, if you should run into mishap (i.e screw up your X setup...hey, we've all done it at some point), you can just do a fresh install. With a 900MHz it takes 7 minutes to install...this will vary with processor speed.
    SlackWare my first, Debian my second....building my box into the ultimate weapon