Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AO members, please read...

Cool AO members, please read...

One day, when Fan Chih was attending the teacher near the Rain Dance altar, he said,

"May I ask about increasing the level of peace and harmony in society, reducing the amount of tension and conflict and knowing when I am confused."

The teacher said,

"What an excellent question?

If you focus on serving others and not on the reward you will get for serving others, you will increase the flow of peace and harmony in the nation.

If you focus on reducing the amount of tension in yourself, you will automatically reduce the amount of tension in those around you.

If you allow anger to possess you to the extent that you are oblivious to the harm you are inflicting upon yourself as well as others, you are certainly confused."

In seeing, one attunes to seeing clearly.
    In hearing, one attunes to hearing correctly.
    In one's appearance, one attunes to being cordial.
    In one's demeanor, one attunes to respectfulness and courtesy.
    In one's speech, one is trustworthy.
    In one's work, one is diligent.
    In one's doubts, one asks advice.
    In one's anger, one considers the consequences.
    In one's pursuits, one is attuned to what flows in peace and harmony.

Sayings of Confucious (Kung Fu Tzung)

After seeing and reading some post and realizing the tension among eachother in this community, i thought it might be good to shed some positive Chi in this site..

Nice!

Banned
    P E A C E

I like this alot

"If you focus on serving others and not on the reward you will get for serving others, you will increase the flow of peace and harmony in the nation. "

That's just good Karma

p.s.
    FRANK N BEANS ~check the avatar! ROFL

haraam77

Red face Uuhhh....

.....I think I'm going to be sick. Would any of you "goodies" want to come over and **** my dog while you are at it?? Those attitudes of yours are sickening. When you are all thru giving each other a reach around....why not post something interesting....maybe a bit controversial.
    .......disgusting........

Although you'll admit that the good feeling you get from helping others is somewhat self-serving (although much less so than the alternatives)
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla nĂ¡ engwar.

Before anybody else posts to this, please ignore haraam77. He obviously wants to start a flame war. Don't get sucked in.

I personally feel that this thread is a lesson to most of us. There isn't a person here who wouldn't be wisened by this philosophy.

Cool

harram77...
    The Great Confucious once said..
    Unbounded bravery degenerates into foolishness. Too much candor is rudeness.
    Most people are for the most part too impetuous or too cautious. The impetuous can be totally foolish in their endeavors and the over cautious never seem to live life to its fullest.
    So please try not to be so foolish...

Yeah whatever that was dude i got something important to say, dude has anyone seen John? I ****ing went to go pick up a sack, and i know you got high at the bar, dude said you wandered out into streets, WHERE THE **** ARE YOU? lol i looked for you for like 10 minutes man. Hope ya ducked tha PO PO. heh =)