Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AO members, please read...

the pods are everywhere. whatever you do, do not fall asleep...
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Here's a quote that's a quicker picker upper in times of trouble. I found it on some martial arts site:

"The meaning of life is struggle and its goal is domination. There are deeper meanings and higher goals but the reality of life is war. You may walk down a path in the woods one day and see a large tree growing out from a slab of granite. That tree once started as a little seed; but even a seed has a dream. This seed had a dream of domination. The seed did not seek this confrontation nor did it submit and die. It only obeyed the first law of the universe:

TO WIN!

So day by day, year by year, the seed slowly pushed upward, seeking every crack in its monolithic opponent, making its home in the granite's weakest points until one day the tree smashed through to victory.

Very inspiring, even though how any tree can survive deprived of light, is beyond me. Although most of the folks who go for Asian philosophy tend to slant to the wishy-washy Taoism and Buddhism, I prefer the stuff that works in the real world like Sun Tzu's Art of War and the Book of Five Rings. Hardcore warrior philosophy...
    --------------------------------------------
    We are what we know; Feed your head!
    http://www.loompanics.com

hehe mickeymont i see.. ur into inner strength...
    whilst i am into inner peace...

in peace one can think, hear, feel, see clearly..
    once a higher level of awareness is attoned, mastering the skill is within reach.. from there balance and flawlessness of your technique and skills is achieved..

Man.. im startin to sound like ma granpa.. hahaha

Granpa: FOCUS!! FOCUS! FOCUS!!
    Me: I am focusing!!
    Granpa: No you're not!! you're staring at her breast and thinking what is under that Gi!!
    Me: hehehehe...

Nice post and good karma for AO members .

hey sonic nice post.. generall what happens is we all complain about everything which is
    around us.. that this is not good he is not good.. and try to sort that.. but we never see
    at ourselves..

if we change ourselves.. we will see that world is changing...

great post...

intruder..
    A laptop, internet connection and beer.

Nice stuff man!

It nice to see some good karma around here for a change - looked like the forums were gonna melt for a while there with all the flamming thats going on >_<; oh well hopefully it'll all calm down sooner rather than later

v_Ln

Nice to see a positive post like this every once in a great while. I wonder when the next one will come along.
    I like reality, it tastes like bread.

Mickeymount, that post is kinda of depressing. Lving with violence and war is definatly not a good thing. One does not win a war, one can only end it on his own terms and hope that the price has not been too dear.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

It's all about the game and how you play it.
    It's all about control and if you can take it.
    It's all about the debt and if you can pay it.
    It's all about the game!