Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PIX vs. Linux

I would really like ...

I would really like if you could enlighten me with some help on the pix ...
    i think i would need to give you a copy of the conf file of the pix as well as the router config ...
    if i email you those would you look'em ?
    Please let me know if you would take the time to do it
    Thanks a lot man

go iNViCTuS!

I sure would like a pix.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Re: I would really like ...

Originally posted here by Felonia
    I would really like if you could enlighten me with some help on the pix ...
    i think i would need to give you a copy of the conf file of the pix as well as the router config ...
    if i email you those would you look'em ?
    Please let me know if you would take the time to do it
    Thanks a lot man
    I would be more than happy to help you with your PIX configuration. I would like a copy of the config (although u might want to edit the actual IP's), and also a brief explanation of what you are trying to do exactly.

Based on what you said earlier, i suspect that you tried to add routes to your other subnets on the PIX itself. If this is the case, that is why it will not work. The only route you can add on the PIX is the default route (0.0.0.0). This was done for a very good reason also. But the solution would be to point all machines in your net to another router as the default gateway, and then add a default route back to the PIX from that router. After all, if you have multiple subnets, you should have another router. In other words, let your router do the routing and let the firewall be just a firewall.

That is just one suggestion, so if it does not help, definately PM or email me and I will give you my work email address so we can communicate easier, and you can send me your configs privately.

Good luck