Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: U.S. to Weigh Computer Chip Implant

well, i really don't agree with this chip. to be honest, since the beginning of civilization countries have been attacked by people who have about as much since as the bricks on my house. things like this will happen. there really is no need for all this nonsense. if they plant this chip in people, wouldn't it be easier for terrorists to do more harm if they are able to get a hold of this technology? you people, i'm sure, know that whoever makes this chip will have to store that data somewhere. technology has gone a long way, far enough to see that just about anything is possible when it comes to computers and stuff like that. it might be good, it might be bad; either way i'm willing to keep an open mind and just see what happens.
    D. J.

PhirePhreak, I agree with you. It does sound like the type of technology used in the "Left Behind" series story. While I love computers and I think technology has helped humankind tremendously, sadly it hasn't done a lot to improve the human heart. Evil people can take anything and use it for wrong purposes. With the advent of chips such as the one discussed and Global Positioning System satellite and tracking technology, the means now exist for controlling people in ways not before possible. I invite everyone to read the "Left Behind" book series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins (You can probably check it out at the public library), and also to read what the Bible says about the last days in the book of Revelation. A one world government seems closer every day!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Well, whether or not this is the creation of the Mark, at least we are all agreed that it is not a good thing. It's definitely a step in the direction of being Marked by the Beast and not even being aware of it... and worse: not being able to do anything about it. The Mark is supposed to be placed on the forehead or right hand, so we'll just have to wait and see where they recommend it to be implanted...

And ing: I've read the Bible more times than I can count, especially Revelations. But there is much symbolism in the Bible, as well as meanings that aren't terribly easy to grasp, so there will always be disagreements about the translation of it. That doesn't mean that anyone is wrong, just that they don't think the same.

God bless,
    --PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

ing... i too have read the bible many a time. revelation is a book of interpretation though. i really even gave a personal belief, but quoted verses word for word. the only transltaions i gave were pretty straight foward. but you can have your opinion and i will have mine.

Personally,
    This is a completely different issues then the human clones RA, and I do not feel like typing out another 3 pages of stuff. So, I will keep my response fairly short.

Anyway, I think that computer chip implantations into humans by the government, i.e. forced, and no choice is terrible. And I believe strongly that, that is completely against one's individual rites to privacy and personality. But if it were to be through corporation implantation, that would be a good thing. To be able to have a Gps chip in your head so you don't get lost and other enhancements and such to the human body, would be an extremely well deserved device. But it would be completely unethical to every degree to have government chips in humans. But I can see where they could be coming from. "You should not be doing anything illegal so why are you worried about us watching you?" But I would strongly disagree with that, and would rip mine out of my skull if it ever was forced upon me.

Just my little tidbit.
    \"To follow the path:
    look to the master,
    follow the master,
    walk with the master,
    see through the master,
    become the master.\"
    -Unknown

i know why you say what you do 3nthropy, but here are my reasons to tend to disagree.

#1-how would you like your boss to know how much time you spend in the bathroom or how late you were coming back from lunch? when you are in a corporation these priveledges are sometimes either taken advantage of OR the boss thinks you are taking advantage of them. but they will tend to go unnoticed unless the boss specifically watched you. until now... with these new chips, your boss will know your every move.

#2-u say taht if it is corporations and not the gov't it will be a good thing. well how do you know that the gov't won't be using it to secretly monitor you? i have a feeling they will....

#3-we all hate spam and junk mail(in snail mail) right? well imagine that you have this chip and corporations are monitoring everything you purchase. now the influx of junk mail will be greater and more concentrated. (hundreds of mails stating, "you like this? well you'll love....") beyond that i have had heard an even scarier thing about this chip. see i am in the advertising industry and i heard that one thing these chips can do is recieve information from an electronic scanner. and well corporations (microsoft being one) want to start virtually spamming. putting it on street corners like billboards... only now the commercial will be in your brain, not on a screen or billboard. this is a very experimental idea, but if it is at all feasible, it could be pure hell. the other downside to if that part of the technology works is imagine everytime you come in to work, they have a scanner that projects the thought in your head, "i love working here, i should not get a raise" and you now once the commercials start, that will be sure to follow... ultimate brain washing.

***Note: i heard about "virtual spam" in a sit down meeting with an unnamed corporation that is a client of mine. they had talked to someone from microsoft who not only said microsoft wanted to impliment it eventually (assuming the chip was passed) but that Micro$oft was already in development of the scanners. scary huh?
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

If you're right lord_darkside, I hope Earth get's hit by a meteor that knocks it out of orbit and directly into the sun. Virtual Spam? I couldn't deal with that. And that's not really fair advertising either. That's a company hijacking your brain so you'll feel compelled to by a product.

Just imagine how bad these chips can be. I'm almost certain that someone will figure out how to hack them... I don't know what would happen then, but it'll be bad.

I remember hearing something about companies wanting to put advertisements on satelites so we'd see them in the night sky. That seems like a good idea compared to this virtual chip stuff. There's no way in hell I'd want to be monitered by any sort of chip. That privelege WILL be abused, because we all know how corrupt the goverment and big corporations are.
    Why am I still here?

carrier
    The chip will also know if your child has fallen and needs immediate help. Once paramedics arrive, the chip will also be able to tell the rescue workers which drugs little Johnny or Janie is allergic to. At the hospital, the chip will tell doctors his or her complete medical history.
    And of course, when you arrive to pick up your child, settling the hospital bill with your health insurance policy will be a simple matter of waving your own chip — the one embedded in your hand.

Why not just pay attention to your kid? And you can tell them... or they have the little medical bracelets if you need them. All without invading your privacy!

God bless,
    --PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Carrier: Are you an employee at that agency in Florida? If you were watching your friggin' kid, you wouldn't have to worry about that. The doctors can find my child's medical records by using my son's SS number. Isn't that significant enough? Must my privacy be invaded to preform simple medical procedures?! What makes you think I'm gonna have one of those damn bugs inplanted under my skin? I don't mind taking 5 minutes of my time to fill out the paper work and avoid invasion of my privacy.

Remote_Access_