Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The camel's nose

Angry The camel's nose

Well, it seems in the interests of national security, we are going to lose even more of our privacy.

Check out:http://www.pcmag.com/article/0,2997,...a=23329,00.asp

Something more to look forward to!
    Ab Hoc Possum Videre Domum Tuum.

pathetic.... why does the gov't think it has the right to jsut go and do things to our personal lives.... oh yeah, i remember now, cause not enough people stand up to it
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

the antiterrorism act... which is in the process of refiining, gives access to everything legally to all officials as long as they can justify it (which is as hard as saying..."they could be a terrorist") This means they can monitor your internet activity, log keystrokes, tap phones, enter your house without a warrant and search it, and many more things ALL LEGALLY. This article is the least of our worries.

Apathy is our biggest problem. If people let the gov't abuse a law, they will.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

thats exactally what i was trying to say,
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

I'd like to the reaction of the public of any nation if the government opened every single letter or package (I'm talking about snail mail here) and examined the contents. Nobody would be able to hear for a month because of the noise from the public outcry. Personally I don't see any difference (besides the speed of coarse) between snail mail and email so why will any government be able to get away with this?
    If you don\'t learn the rules nobody can accuse of cheating.

Jimbo2112 good post.
    I think the ppl driving these things are not located at the front of the camel.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

i think that people should stand up for there rights, but i have never been able to get a large enough group together to make a difference
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

What exactly is their justification for this? Why do government agencies need to be able to access it so quickly that they can't get a court order? Makes me glad I'm not in the US...
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla nĂ¡ engwar.

Originally posted here by lord_darkside_x
    i think that people should stand up for there rights,

Is this the same lord_darkside_x that was trying to make a point in this thread about how The Government already monitors and censors the 'net....so.....why should we be concerned with their involvment with ICAAN?

Originally posted here by lord_darkside_x
    but i have never been able to get a large enough group together to make a difference

Now you're trying to get a group together?