Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accountability

Accountability

Finally someone pushes for a standard way of reporting bugs and their corresponding fixes. This you have to read....

http://www.vnunet.com/News/1129464

So do you think this will help?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

If they all play along it will.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

It could work. And I dare say the Linux community would agree, for the most part.......but Microsoft? I don't think they will. They wouldn't go for something that would show the flaws in their products publicly.......it'd be bad for their image.
    Got Root?

This user powered by Linux.

But if the IETF pushes it, do you think M$ will have a choice? I don't think they want to alienate themselves anymore than they already are....
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Hopefully they can get msoft to play along. If bill really does change his ways, who are we going to have to blame everything on? I guess oracle.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Or Apple????
    - Samuel Johnson

actually a standart is a great news... ms won't have much of a choice ...specially if the person discovering the bug/vul stands by that standard....
    assembly.... digital dna ?

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Well, this is a kind of old thread, but I just saw this, and it was related.
    http://www.secadministrator.com/Arti...rticleID=24321

And I dare say the Linux community would agree, for the most part.......but Microsoft? I don't think they will.
    Microsoft was actually a part of this. Kind of scarry thought, isn't it. I assume they probably wanted a mandatory 30 day vendor report, but they did have their say in all this.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

thats more than "kind of scary" not only does the rvpd not want public diclosure for 30 days but gives extensions on that 30 days where the vendor is not skilled in

way scary

not skilled in security