Thread: bad idea i have had

bad idea i have had

I have tried to download linux redhat 7.2 on a dial up modem using download accelerator plus after about 32 hours of downloading and it get to about 90% of the download it just loses all that its downloaded and starts again

never oh, oh never again

I tried before to dl a sco and then a solaris dist with similar results. If you can buy the cd.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

gold eagle thanx i will never again that i'll try to download such a large file with a 56k v90 dial up modem

Banned
    I have DSL, it took me 6 hours, for both CD's, Download accelerator doesnt really help, try GoZilla... It opens simultaneous connections to the server instead of one, so you get faster speed.... But buying the CD's is a good option for Dial-Up users

Hi mom!
    56k, no matter what download accelerator you use, it's going to take forever Buy the CD's or have someone with a faster connection d/l and burn them for you....
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

I have cable. Downloaded Mandrake 8 (all three discs) in about 3 hours.

Cool

Be careful about using Go!Zilla. I think it might have "spyware" embedded in it. If you don't know what spyware is see this linkhttp://www.lsfileserv.com/faq.html#a8 Check out the whole site while you're there. A lot of the "free" programs are great, but they come at a price. They might have "spyware" embedded. This means that the free software you downloaded might have elements that "call home" with information on where you are browsing and other info. If you download anything you might want to download the Ad-Aware program so you can check it for spy-ware first. Ad-Aware is a free program.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

In reference to my last post, the link to Ad-Aware is not good. Just put the name Ad-Aware in a search engine, and you should be able to find their site.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

well uh

use getright it has a downloader aclerater, resumes d/l's, and no spyware, just keeps buggin u to buy it though but it wirth it.