Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Point Scale For Post

Anti-Point Scale For Post

Remember this is just a suggestion and flames are not needed or even welcome here by me at least.

Now we all know that cute little bar ontop of a post to shower how many times a positive or negative point was assinged to a person for that post. My suggestion is instead of showing how many of of each were assigned on a scale how about we have it show how much value on a scale. So lets say if someone gives u a positive response and it give u 10 points and someone with more points gives u a negative points of a value of -20, then instead of showing the post as even for 1 negative and 1 positive it would show it was negative because the 20 was higher and more respected then the 10, maybe have # on the scales even to give a better idea.

That is just my idea though cause i think its stupid when a newbie like 2 newbies give someone like oblio positive points and itll show the bar up 2 spaces and then someone whos more respected like R_A_ gives negative points of value of like 30 and it still shows oblios post as being positive. I feel that more respected members of AO should have more of a say then people who arent as senior to the site.

Please throw in input and maybe better ways to do what i suggested or why u would or wouldnt want this

_NetSyN_
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

I think that's already how it works isn't it???

I mean for when RA gives me points, the bar goes almost to the end, and when a newbie gives me a point, it moves just slightly..

for one post, that happened, RA gave me pos and someone gave me neg...but I was still far in the green
    SlackWare my first, Debian my second....building my box into the ultimate weapon

i dont think it works this way...

cause i get negative points from 2 people that count as like 5 each and one positive from soneone like RA and it gives me like 25, yet it will still say im in the red...

maybe im wrong , hopefully JP will clear this up if he sees it though for me

_NetSyN_
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Yes, I do believe it already works like that - cos the variations I get are different for each assignment of AntiPoints.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

agreed, i think it does work like htat
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

k41d3r07h give hot ice a negative for his post... and when i see it ill give him a positive, and we will be able to tell cause ill clearly give many more positive then u will negative..

k?

+NetsyN+

How about any positive-giver would move the bar +1 (the full number of ap's still added to user's status) and one giving negatives moves the bar -1? Or junior moves 1, member 2 and a senior 3. Would nicely balance the things, now if a senior members gives positive points and a junior negative, it doesn't move the bar a bit (i guess). The max & min values of the bar could then be changed, min being eg. -5 and max. +5.
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Um, I am not sure, but I believe that is how it already works. I got 1 negative for a post that gave me about -5 antipoints, and 1 posive, that gave me at least +20. It showed up on the scale as very positive. http://www.antionline.com/showthread...&postid=463427 Last post on the first page....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

i just hit hot_ice with like 20+ positive points, someone with less then 3 green boxs hit him with a negative and see if it goes back to even , after u do it post here and say u did it so we can check if its true

+_NetSyN_+

Arghhh, arrgggh!!! AntiPoint attack - help me!!

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester