Thread: VB problem

VB problem

anyone please help me:

I got a game code from website, but when I try to run it, I got the following error: Compile error: can't find project or library!

after I click "OK", it bring me to the References window and message: "MISSING: DirectDraw for Visual Basic, V 2.0" was sellected!

I downloaded the DirectX8.0 and Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 5 and installed them. but the problem still there. anyone please give me a hint. thanks

PS: I am using VB 6.0

thanks
    I\'d found my best love, but I didn\'t treasure her. I felt regretful after that. It\'s the ultimate pain in the world. If God can give me a chance, I will tell her three word: \"I love you\". If God wanna give me a time limit, I\'ll say this love will last 10 thousand years!

You did get the DirectX *SDK* right?

Ammo

As Ammo said, you must download the DirectX software development kit from:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/...xml&frame=true

You can find all the info about DirectX 8.1 SDK from there. Make sure you get the SDK and not the DirectX drivers from http://www.microsoft.com/directx/, as they are only used for running games rather than creating them. Read all the documentation related to the VB/DirectX SDK whilst you're there.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Yes, I got the DirectX SDK installed too! but the problem still there.

by the way, is there any project or library called DirectDraw2? because the problem was caused by the following code: "Dim dd As DirectDraw2"!
    I\'d found my best love, but I didn\'t treasure her. I felt regretful after that. It\'s the ultimate pain in the world. If God can give me a chance, I will tell her three word: \"I love you\". If God wanna give me a time limit, I\'ll say this love will last 10 thousand years!

If it says 'missing: blahblah' in the references-menu you are defenatley not pointing to the correct dll. Find out what's the name of the file you're missing, and then click 'browse' to define its location on your hard-drive. Or you could copy all of the direct-draw files into the folder of your project. Then the direct-draw option will turn up in the list.

Perhaps this will help...
    ---
    proactive

AO French Antique News Whore
    VB need code from a DLL to compile the code into a exe. You need to know what DLL and find it.. You said it from DirectDraw2.. I suppect it need a DLL that come from DirectDraw Version 2. I don't know this program but I suggest your download it! Good Luck!

Hope it help!
    -Simon \"SDK\"