View Poll Results: Do you like the suggestion?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, sounds alright.

8 80.00%
  • No, you crazy bastard!

2 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AntiOnline FAQ

AntiOnline FAQ

Does anyone else think that there should be a dedicated FAQ for AntiOnline, maintained by a group of regular members? I just think it might stop some of the ridiculous questions that newbies keep asking like 'How do I hack Hotmail' and also lay down some simple rules for posting on AO. At least this way we could direct users to proper answers, rather than just repeating the same old stuff again and again.

Instead of writing "YOU STUPID NEWBIE" we could have "This question has already been answered in the FAQ." Just a thought.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

sounds like a plan
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

It's only good if everyone knows about and is prepared to read the FAQ if I or someone else writes it.

it should be posted where someone can ALWAYS find it, like on the main page or something
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

The newbie section isn't enough? I've had many a stupid question answered there.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Originally posted here by KorpDeath
    Try this:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=218093
    I've seen that FAQ already, but I was thinking about expanding it to include specific AO stuff and also to make it more accessible and easy to update.

Yeah, that FAQ by Ennis was bloody sensational, but something like what your talking about pwaring sounds good too. Like having something on the main page, linking to a FAQ that tells new users about the features of this site, what exactly AntiPoints are, about forums, member options, private messages, member status (Junior, Senior, etc) and other things general to the site.

Sounds like a good idea. Hopefully JP will give his opinion on this, cos I think it would be beneficial.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

If the faq can some how be made easily searchable..and to the point then why not...but it shuldnt be very huge or else it wont serve the purpose
    Better Laugh At Your Own Problems..
    Coz...The World Laughs At Them

Banned
    Yeah, thats good idea... Maybe some senior members who come here often could edit/add on to the FAQ... Good idea pwaring