Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what would you do....

I say to HELL WITH THE FBI they are just as bad as some criminals sometimes worst.
    Get all the info that you can about this "hacker" then proceed to making his/her life miserable.
    There's nothing better than really getting back at someone,knowing that his pain is being caused
    by your hands and not someone elses.
    Revenge is really sweet if someone is ****ing with your **** then you have the absolute right
    to retaliate by any means nesassary.You get no satisfaction by letting someone else do what you
    know you can do better.

Crimina1

For our firewall, a few of the guys in IT made it from a linux box. I honestly couldn't tell you what all is in that box. (This will give me something to do Monday morning though.) There's a possibility that we'll be getting a WatchGuard firewall, but I wasn't given a timeline for its purchase.

BTW As far as I know, he (or she to be politically correct) hasn't broken in. But I may be looking for the wrong clues. The main database never gets updated at night so I make a few backups at the end of the day and load from a backup each morning to ensure that nothing was tampered with over night. The one thing that I have learned over time is "Redundancy is Bliss."

Bear in mind that agency will not usually do anything unless it can be shown to have financially impacted at least $10,000 and / or involves fraud. Get your legal dept in on it too.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.