Thread: VB programing

Question VB programing

I was unsure what to put this post in but i figured this seemed most relevent

I am a newbie as far is it comes to programming maybe a few monthes. But ok i am interested in writing not really a password cracker but a brute force genreator, basically something that prints out trhough all the letters, i'll show you what i wrote so far
    this form is just a command button and a picbox just to display

Private Sub Command1_Click()
    Dim letter As Single

Picture1.Cls
    Picture1.Print Chr(65 + letter)
    letter = letter + 1

If letter = 26 Then
    GoTo 110
    Else: GoTo 100
    End If

End Sub

Bascially that displays every letter a-z, now what i need to do is move on to the next character some how get it to print aa ab ac ad... and then az ba bb bc... I am just doing this to play around perhaps i may need comannds i haven't learned yet but i would appreciate anyones help on this. Someone suggested the counter function to me, but was unsure how to implement it. Well thankyou in advance.

Banned

Lightbulb

i am not a programmer but i know of this good visual basic site:

http://www.vbsquare.com/

hope this helps

AO French Antique News Whore
    You want to a brute force programs?

Private Sub Command1_Click()
    Dim strletter As Single
    Dim strFichier As String
    Dim intIndex As Integer
    strFichier = InputBox("Name of Dictionnary File", "File")
    Open strFichier For Input As #1 'Open the filename on your said in the InputBox
    intIndex = 1
    Do
    Get #1, intIndex, strletter 'Get the first word of your dictionnary file
    If strletter = txtPass.Text Then 'Compare it with txtPass.text that act as the password
    'The If is case sensitif, if you don't want it case sensitif use If UCase(strletter) = UCase(txtPass.Text) Then
    MsgBox "Password Found", vbOKOnly, "Password Found"
    Exit Sub 'End the Program
    Else
    intIndex = intIndex + 1 'Move the Counter to check the next line in dictionnary file
    End If
    Loop Until EOF(1)

End Sub

Try this! This is realy basic programme. Their is a better way to open file that the open I code. But the rest should work at 100%.. But if you want to learn Visual Basic, read and read alot! It's only way!

By the way, your syntaxe suck! It's hard to understand your code.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

your program just say a till z
    prepare it

ok let me reclarify i don't really want a brute force program yet i'm am simply going through the steps of deisgning one, and i don't want it to do dictinary attacks i want it to go through letter by letter like i said first doing a-z then aa ab ac through az ba bb bc and then after zz, aaa aab aac and so on. Thankyou all for your help. This all started one day in my VB class in highschool when i had finsihed the weeks assignments by monday and decided hmm what should i make and i thought lets see how a brute force works. So first step is ust tp print it all out in a picbox then i'll move on from there. but i figure it should go form "a" all the way to "zzzzzzzz"
    I know that i may never be all the things that i wanna be, but now is not the time to cry, nows the time to find out why. I wanted more than life could ever grant me.
    We are the people our parents warned us about.

Hey just add this "; Chr(65 + letter)" ,what is in the quotes, after the and I think it should work, repeat as many time as you want letters "Picture1.Print Chr(65 + letter) ". That should work I think.
    AztecDragon

Ok the problem with that is it will only print aaaa bbbb cccc dddd, i need something along the lines that says after it reaches z go back to a and add another a then after the second a goes to z move the a to b.... if that makes sense its hard to explain but jsut think how a brute force prgram works, anyone know of any brute force programs in vb i could check out the source from
    I know that i may never be all the things that i wanna be, but now is not the time to cry, nows the time to find out why. I wanted more than life could ever grant me.
    We are the people our parents warned us about.

Ok i havnt tried this. But....

Dim x as integer
    Dim letter as integer
    Dim y as integer
    Dim z as integer

For x = 1 to 26
    There\'s no sense in being Pessimistic...it would never work anyway.