Thread: problem with icq....

problem with icq....

Hello people,i have a problem with the icq.The last days it doesn't seem to be connecting to it.It says ..."Can't establish connection. Check your Internet connection and reconnect ICQ".hmm...strange .....after a while it seemed strange so i looked at the options and it seems like the port has been changed to 31212 and i thought it was blocked from my isp so i talked to them...and they said that no port is blocked and maybe it's from my windows,maybe it is blocking it.Well what can i do?i don't have any firewall to block my connection,so this is very strange.I am using win Xp pro.
    p.s. I know the icq network is not down,or not have been down because i have friends on icq and so on...so it's something local...or something
    words of Merlin

I've heard it mentioned on the boards that XP has a built in firewall - perhaps it ain't configured correctly? Soz tis just a random thought but night as well look into it.....
    good luck

v_Ln

No prizes for guessing your religion

meee-ow!
    ~Meeow~

AO French Antique News Whore
    First of all, check if XP firewall is activate, you never know! Second, go on the Preferences on ICQ then click Connections (I'm on ICQ 2001b). You should configure everything there (General, Server, Firewall, User)

On the server tabs, your host should be login.icq.com and the port should be 5190.

You may also try to update your ICQ.

Hope it help!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

hmm.....i said that i don't have any firewall to block the connection,and the stupid firewall from Xp si not activated,i don't even bother to activate it lol it doesn't do pretty much.....
    But i don't know what to say!I have this problem for only 5 days....before it worked ,i didn't had any problem....that's the strange thing,what is happening.i updated my icq ,and still doesn't work but instead it changed the port to connect to from 5190 to 31212 but it doesn't work from any port....what should i do?
    On icq can they ban me or something?i didn't do anything lol from icq so i can get this ,i am only sending free sms
    words of Merlin

Banned
    probably not it but
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/55/24161.html
    intersting none the less
    you could also try going through a proxy etc?! or use icq lite if the problem keeps up

man thanks lol i couldn't find this ideea....using a proxy....i'm back online....i don't really think my icq ac**** has been hacked ,that's good.But i still don't get the point what is wrong with my connection that can't connect to it...and trough proxy can....strange...
    words of Merlin