Thread: Long waited for......... ZA 3.0

Long waited for......... ZA 3.0

I'm not sure if anyone posted about this, but I just found out that ZA have fianally released version 3.0 of their famous ZA PRO 3.0 firewall (still 2.6 for free). Now, there was someone saying that they were easily able to hack through ZA PRO 2.6. Could that person please check if they are able to do so even with ZA 3.0?

Actually the issue is more application based, but it won't be hard to tell if they fixed it. I still wouldn't load it on my boxes. The mutex engine is bad technology, IMHO.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Originally posted here by KorpDeath
    I still wouldn't load it on my boxes. The mutex engine is bad technology, IMHO.

I've never been a huge fan of ZA. It's more like a "connection moniotor" than a true firewall with a nice GUI so it looks like it's doing something important.

I don't want to start another heated firewall debate but IMHO you can't beat Tiny as far as software firewalls go.......

or Sygate or NeoWatch. Can't forget that there are quite a few good products.

However, I'd get NeoWatch soon before McAfee screws it up.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Hi! Conf1rm3d_K1ll, if you had read one of my "more" important post, Tiny had actually sold most of their technologies to a company named Kerio. All of their Winroute product line was transfered there. Althought it's not offical, but they had discountioued their Tinysoft PE product too. Even their support group at yahoo was renamed.

To get the most protection (even the outbound connection securtiy hole has been fixed), get the lastest version of Kerio Personal Firewall. It's actually TPF, with the same everything, but with better default rules, and greater protection!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Mcafee Firewall is based of the Conseal Firewall, which provides driver level protection, engine was the only firewall that has past this special outbound test (that was mentioned in a post somewhere????? but where?). So, in my opoion, I wouldn't switch to Neowatch cause that firewall basically sucks, and takes up way too much processing power! Stick to Mcafee, unless it's really screwed up..........

But still, is ZA PRO 3.0's protection is easy to be bypassed? Both on outbound and inbound? Any hackers here tried?