Thread: mac osx

Banned

mac osx

Mac OS X 10.1.3 has been released you can update with the built in "Software Update" feature. Networking and Security Improvements include:

Login authentication support for LDAP and Active Directory services
    OpenSSH version 3.0.2p1
    WebDAV support for Digest authentication
    Mail includes support for SSL encryption

old new but hey? some people mightnen know just hard to find security news on macs as the community is rather small thanks
    RiOtEr

I have always had a profound hatred for mac.......then they had to go and make osx, which was built on unix...now I can't hate them anymore!!
    What is wrong with the world when we can't even hate an OS????? Ah well, there's always M$
    SlackWare my first, Debian my second....building my box into the ultimate weapon

Banned
    yes osx is deffinatly a great os i would argue the best commercial os i dont like the kernal a bitch to work with but still its unix hehe missing a few things like a c/c++ compiler but other than that its great! hehe and many companies are porting aplications to it so i think if u want a good stable os get osx?! and macs are fast specially yhe new g4 1 gig dual proccessers geforce 4 card ohh can u feel the power hehe
    well thats it from me
    RiOtEr

the developer tools are freely available from http://developer.apple.com/tools/index.html, if you need command line tools cc and c++ come with said dev tools.

Since getting OS X 10.1, I rarely go to MacOS 9 any longer. I don't even start the classic environment, as for a while the only thing I needed was BitchX, but then I installed the dev tools and installed BitchX, and now, everything is wonderful. Now, if Opera would get out of Beta, then I could stop using this beast known as IE.

I just compiled BitchX, worked like a charm,

dhej

Banned
    hehe yeah i know u can get them but i was talking about the fact that it dont come free like on other unix and linux kernals but who cares hehe
    i meet the guy who wrote bits of the kernal and i quote
    "that kernal shits me"
    hehe sorry just had to add it lol
    theirs a guide around on how to get root on a mac osx ill try find the link and post it hehe just so u can have some fun
    thanks
    RiOtEr