Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: most newbeist question ever?

wha

ok ummm I thought cracking was when u try to get a password. I thought hacking was when U try to find a exploit in a system and use ir, or get around it. How would u crack into a server? Another thinng I was j/w if there were such arcane bug/hole?

Finding passwords is cracking, yes.

Hacking is generally the exploitation of technology--pushing it to it's limits, etc. Finding exploits--yes, that can be hacking, but only if done legally. Else, it's cracking.

As far as I know, there is no such hole.........not surprising........as 'arcane' means 'not well known'
    Got Root?

This user powered by Linux.

umm

well i think that it doesn't matter if ur hacking legally or not its still consider hacking. can someone else back me up on this or flame me if I'm wrong?

Banned
    no noone will back you up cause your blatently but neway yes jave will not let u accses to the harddrive well it well but its the simplest way of putting now i think that their could be holes that alow u into passsword protected areas coded in java but unless the coder is stupid they would use php or somting else cuase jave is sloooow hehe but just my ideas lol
    cya
    RiOtEr

hu?

blatently?

Originally posted here by KublaiKhan
    Java interpreters are specifically designed not to allow java code to be used to crack into systems, after all.
    In the case of Virtual Machine, it's specifically designed by Mircosoft, so of course, I'm sure it's 100% secure and exploit free.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla nĂ¡ engwar.

my opinion is this thread is going no-where fast and lets just let it die cause it became like most other newbie threads "whats diff between hacking and cracking"

just let it go...

_NetSyN_
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Well I'm going to stick to the original topic on this one. A girl I know asked me how to fix her cupholder on her computer. Now I have never heard of a computer having a cupholder. So I went to her house to look at it. It turned out that she thought her cd-rom drive was a cupholder.

my opinion is this thread is going no-where fast and lets just let it die cause it became like most other newbie threads "whats diff between hacking and cracking" I wish you would take you own advice you lame ass net syn I'lll meet you on IRC

I don't think so

I thought Java was created by sun or wait... microsoft made the jm for windows. so sun made the java and microsoft made the machine? or was it another complay that made java I forget