Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wargames! (The truth about them)

Wargames! (The truth about them)

I seen so many threads about wargames at so many different web sites how do I hack level 1 ? How do I use it? Personally I am scared to go to these for my safety of getting caught for my stupid stunts

The truth about wargames!

From time to time somebody will offer sacrificial boxes on the internet for people to hack against. The reasons are many and varied. Sometimes compaines want to show off their latest firewalls, hackers want to practise really securing a LINUX box, or someone just offers it up for fun, knowing they can log and watch and enjoy as people test their security. If you take part in one of these war games, be SURE that it is exactly what it purports to be. All the activities are likely to be logged and anyone, including GOVERNMENT and state INVESTIGATORS, or private security companies (ARE) or could be running these wargames!

The information gathered from such activities helps to build traffic analysis databases, showing where the attacks came from, and help log hacker "FINGERPRINTS", showing the attack patterns and techniques. With this information , security companies stand a better chance of finding hackers once they have been attacked, because all they have to do is look at the cracking techniques used in the hack and then match them to any records from the wargames they previously hosted. As I said, if you want to crack system security legally by playing one of these wargames, then be careful, because it might NOT BE WHAT IT SEEMS. STAY AWAY FROM WARGAMES I hope this helps you understand wargames...

Hello Mr. Dos, I am once again giving you the opportunity to participate in your own personal wargame against me. Last night I waited for 2 hours for you to come to irc.antionline.com and hack me. You never showed up. Come there right now, I will give you my ip, and you will then have an opportunity to hack me. Please come, I am waiting.....

Hello Mr. Dos, I am once again giving you the opportunity to participate in your own personal wargame against me. Last night I waited for 2 hours for you to come to irc.antionline.com and hack me. You never showed up. Come there right now, I will give you my ip, and you will then have an opportunity to hack me. Please come, I am waiting.....
    I was on their last night stop telling stories umbobo1 Hack you I don't want to hack you I have better things to do like trying to make a positive name for myself here at www.antionline.com I know I said some pretty messed up things,see the more I flame and hurl insults at people the more I am hated. I don't want to be hated at www.antionline.com I want to make a name for myself! please stop with come on hacker hack me it's really lame dude.

I in no way meant to insult you Mr. Dos, I am however attempting to test the security of my system and would like to have someone with experience to help me. You stated that you had hacking experience, so I thought I would ask you. If you are interested my invitation is still open. I am still in irc.antionline.com, and I am still waiting....

I in no way meant to insult you Mr. Dos, I am however attempting to test the security of my system and would like to have someone with experience to help me. You stated that you had hacking experience, so I thought I would ask you.
    Dude test your own security! Yes I stated I have hacking experience and cracking as well but that does not mean I am going to test your security I don't want to I have better things to do like I said.
    If you are interested my invitation is still open. I am still in irc.antionline.com, and I am still waiting....
    I am not interested! If your waiting on me you'll be waiting a long time Can anyone reply with comments about my thread instead of stuff like this.. Thank you.

Banned

Re: Wargames! (The truth about them)

Originally posted here by Mr.Dos
    I seen so many threads about wargames at so many different web sites how do I hack level 1 ? How do I use it? Personally I am scared to go to these for my safety of getting caught for my stupid stunts

The truth about wargames!

From time to time somebody will offer sacrificial boxes on the internet for people to hack against. The reasons are many and varied. Sometimes compaines want to show off their latest firewalls, hackers want to practise really securing a LINUX box, or someone just offers it up for fun, knowing they can log and watch and enjoy as people test their security. If you take part in one of these war games, be SURE that it is exactly what it purports to be. All the activities are likely to be logged and anyone, including GOVERNMENT and state INVESTIGATORS, or private security companies (ARE) or could be running these wargames!

The information gathered from such activities helps to build traffic analysis databases, showing where the attacks came from, and help log hacker "FINGERPRINTS", showing the attack patterns and techniques. With this information , security companies stand a better chance of finding hackers once they have been attacked, because all they have to do is look at the cracking techniques used in the hack and then match them to any records from the wargames they previously hosted. As I said, if you want to crack system security legally by playing one of these wargames, then be careful, because it might NOT BE WHAT IT SEEMS. STAY AWAY FROM WARGAMES I hope this helps you understand wargames...
    Mr. Dos, you asked for someone to reply to your thread, so I will. You say to stay away from wargames. Why? I know why you stay away, you are a childish no-nothing idiot skript kiddie aol using *******. The government running war games, yeah right. You have your head shoved so far up your ass that you cant see anything except ****. You know nothing about anything, except maybe sub7 as your name suggests. You will always have a bad name here on antionline. Die wont you.

Banned
    mr dos if you are going to steal somthing please tell us where u stole it from that is from a news site when i fid the link i will post it so if u want to do it before me go ahead but remote_accses_ was flamed for the same thing and you will do thanks
    RiOtEr
    p.s you didnt come on last night i was their 2

Mr.Dos. You are the one that challenged everyone to show up on IRC and you would bring us down with your 1227 skills. I showed up, So did the rest. Now you come back with some lame excuse, Figgures, A KiDDiE. All talk, no do. I guess we will be waiting because you won't show up...What a lamer.
    Resistance is futile, prepare to be assimilated.

Re: Wargames! (The truth about them)

Originally posted here by Mr.Dos
    Myself. If I find one. I leave it alone and go on. I have enough to worry about with my own network and the ones of my clients. Thats how I test my security. I check it from one of my clients sites when I'm out and about. Then with their permission I will do a security scan so to spaeak of their network. Of course I do this all after they sign a non-disclosure and release from liability. As I said. It takes all I can do to keep up as it is..
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Thumbs down Must Read This Dr Or You Will Be Empty For The Rest Of Your Life ;)

Dr.DoS i told myself i was gonna try and cut back on flameing people so im going to keep this as non-flame material as possible...

1. You threatened to hack senior members on AO when they proved you wrong and went against you

2. You bad mouthed many people for no good reasons other then to many yourself seem better then them

3. You have yet to post anything that seems to have helped anyone from what ive seen and read in your past post

4. You tell people to step up then when they do you make up lame excuses to try and make it seem like you could do what u say u could but u wont cause of moral issues and crap that we all know you dont have

5. You do nothing but start flame wars and piss people off

6. You are just being very annoying and wasteing peoples time reading your crap and the fight you bring on urself

7. You use AOL (proven by opers @ irc.antionline.com) *may not be significant to many of you but i have yet to meet many smart AOLers when it comes to anything but using a script*

8. Your a chat Nazi

9. Your basicly better off just leaveing the majority of us alone and growing up and moving out

10. You bad mouth so much about AO and yet u have yet to leave

11. You basicly called www.hackers.com better then www.antionline.com when anti online is about security and hackers.com is about script kiddys

I don't want to be hated at www.antionline.com I want to make a name for myself
    If your here to make a name for urself u mid as well leave cause thats a real shitty reason to be here.. this is a place about security not ur little "im a hacker fear me" crap... seriously most of us here are here to help people... more of us are here to learn... you seem to be here to start wars, get on peoples nervous, and make a internet name for urself...

You dont wanna get caught by the gov for stupid crap yet u post on public fourms that u are a hacker and u will hack people and make a name for urself and blah blah blah blah... makes no sense to me... does it to anyone elese? seems like he contradicts himself ALOT.

i mean come on

Look for me on irc.antionline.com and I will tell you my ip address there! Mother phucker I DON'T NEED YOU TELL ME YOUR IP ADDRESS I can get your ip address my self I can hack you without an IP address! And who the hell are you to challenge me you better get your phuckin mind right!
    I think there was a name made for yourself a long time ago... its called moron

oh before i forget... notice how the stuff on war games he posted after his little starting speech

how the grammer and punctuation is basicly off and runs more into a english teachers nightmare but when it goes into the "good" stuff everything is basicly as if someone elese typed it.... need i say more... If this is true Dr.DoS how bout u start giving credit where it is due when u finally do try and start a legit thread.

Well i have alot more to say but im done wasteing my time with you for now

_NetSyN_
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..