Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dell refusing to sell computer

dell refusing to sell computer

I just read this article here .

IMO this is ridiculous.
    What next, a 30 day waiting period before you can buy a computer while a backround check is being done on you? Could you be refused a computer if you have a few speeding or parking tickets in a few months?

Or maybe a licence will be required to own a computer (which I'm surprised hasn't come in already as governments never miss an opportunity to relieve us of our hard earned cash).

What do all you computer users out there think of this?
    If you don\'t learn the rules nobody can accuse of cheating.

The thing that I don't get is why they had a problem sereling it to a handgun store owner...how is it more dangerous with him than with anyone else?
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

Thumbs up

This would make a great Sci-Fi novel.
    They could profile "hackers", refuse to sell
    hard drives to teenagers etc.
    Where's Spielberg when you really need him?
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

national news?

This happened about 15 miles from where I live...and I didn't think this was going to become national news.

Just goes to show people are paranoid.

i heard about this the other day. apparently dell just messed up. they used the excuse that it seemed like it might be a terrorist, but what "secret terrorist" would have a name so suspicious? not to mention that dell did not even attempt a back ground check or investigation, or contact to say that the order has been denied. this is really bad publicity on dells part. every pro-gun being in the country is upset with them about this. it was just plain prejudice. but i suppose all the anti-gun people will be bying dells now.

"dude! you got a gun! you get no dell!"

i understand how it could happen. many companys are being indited for violating export restrictions. i know one of the big computer mfgs was amoung them, it may have been dell, i don't recall.
    its a good thing we have people like weigand to balanse these checks companys are putting into place or else profiling would be the result.

what do you think of weigans statement:

Weigand's firm, which he described as a two-man operation, performs customizing, such as adding scope mounts, on several makes of firearms. After Sept. 11, Weigand said he will no longer do business with customers outside the U.S.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Not to choose sides quickly, but look at IBM and the jews and gipsies that went through the holocaust.

Hah...what a bunch of BS. Dell is really pulling the wrong string on this one. I don't even understand what Dell's intent was by doing this besides making an ass out of themselves? Do they link handguns to hackers now? I swear, "because of the Sept. 11 events..." my ass. What do handguns and laptops have to do with the Jihad - if crashing two planes into twin towers was the Jihad at all (for most Muslims agree that that was not Jihad).

Honestly, the guy just wanted a laptop,...background checks shouldn't be necissary,...Now what I'm praying is if Gateway doesn't sink into this - for they are quite big on shipping PC's and not upfront "point-and-choose" buying. But as the man said,...he could have easily walked into BestBuy and picked one up in under 20 min. If I were him I'd give Dell hell from now on.

IMO, this is utterly ridiculous and should not be tolerated
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Thumbs up

It's a conspiracy.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

I have many guns for hunting and protection.

"Dude your gonna get a DELL" not if you own a gun shop